want to make a silencer for moped...

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

MacgyveR
Noob
Noob

want to make a silencer for moped...

Post by MacgyveR »

i got an aerosol can drilled a whole in each side got some copper pipe put it through the copper pipe had a lot of wholes in it. next stuffed the can with a little fiberglass from underneath the house. than get a piece that will fit on the end of the muflle and on the end of the silencer. saulder the pipe together.
Justinsane
Spree
Spree

Post by Justinsane »

sounds like it would make it quieter.... and a whole lot less likely to go fast and breath properly...
General Spree
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

That's basically a silencer. Pipe should have an ID of 0.5" for a 50cc. You are, I assume, attaching this to an expansion pipe? Or is this to further silence the stock system? In that case ID wouldn't matter.

Copper and lead solder are too soft for exhaust work on an expansion pipe. Use steel and arc weld it.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
ANARCHY
Goped
Goped

Post by ANARCHY »

ya cherry
TEAM[AN 3R-KE]
lonelywanderer
Spree
Spree

Post by lonelywanderer »

idk how good that is..
Palero2003
Spree
Spree

No need to start a new thread

Post by Palero2003 »

I have an expansion exhaust works great problem is to loud for me especially at the frequency. Was wondering if ad a Briggs muffler at the end of the silencer would hurt performance at all? Or vest way to cut open silencer to repack? And don't wanna drive an hr to get welded back up. Buddy has a tig
ERROR 1604
Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

Re: want to make a silencer for moped...

Post by Pierce ramsay »

Stole your idea thought a silencer would be nice! Made mine out of a green bean can, tack welded it on a V8 exhaust! Made it quite a bit quieter!
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: No need to start a new thread

Post by Bear45-70 »

Palero2003 wrote:...........................................Was wondering if ad a Briggs muffler at the end of the silencer would hurt performance at all?
Depends on which engine you get it off of.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Palero2003
Spree
Spree

Post by Palero2003 »

got it to work LOL. not Briggs brand don't remember what but think was for 12-15hp motors basically took off silencer cut the end off pulled the pipe out. cut pipe 3/4 off. took the new muffler and put it into the pipe and crimped it in. put some rtv around the mower muffler and slid it back into the silencer tube. didn't go in all the way. then at the end of silencer case used 3 self taping screws to hold it. its ugly that's for sure may use header wrap eventually. but didn't notice any performance loss. its slightly louder then stock at idle but at top end can barley hear it. think total cost in the exhaust is like $10 LOL can't complain about it :) ill grab pics its fugly but works great
ERROR 1604
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Hey guys, I have a Team Calamari silencer "can" that is like new that I'm not using. It is off my NS50 "factory" Team Calamari pipe; I replaced it with my new Libra Pro silencer.

Email me at TE37scag@aol.com for pics and if you're interested!

Jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F