Muffler Modding a spree?..

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Muffler Modding a spree?..

Post by mustangwagz »

ok..been thinking about something i've done to a couple of my chainsaws. Muffler modding that is. By this i mean making the muffler opening bigger Or "gutting" the can on the end to increase flow. Yes it'd require rejetting i'm sure but i'm willing to say i bet it'd make a difference in power or atleast acceleration. i know that on the saws i've done this to, it made a WORLD of difference. Of course they have a low and high screw on the carb and the spree's do not so it may be trickier? What do yinz think about this. As far as top speed i dont think it'd change a whole lot but as far as power (pulling hills and pulling out) i think it'd make a change. What do you yinz think?...

-Zac :coolcruise:
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Re: Muffler Modding a spree?..

Post by Fishman43 »

Check out this thread on building a pipe

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =8&t=11214

Or you can search for drilling mufflers and find some other info. If my memory serves (not usually the case according to my Y chromosome lacking partner) drilling out the exhaust made very small changes to the power band with bery large changes to the noise of said quite box.

Good luck, document, and post for the rest of us what you do, how you do it, and what the results are!