Give Your Spree More HP

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

Give Your Spree More HP

Post by KillinSpree »

HERES HOW TO MAKE YOUR SPREE A LITTLE FASTER

I bought a white 1984 honda spree from chicago that was trashed but ran and i experiemented with it. What i did was i took a pilot drill and drilled a hole threw the muffler right before the baffles. It made my spree go from low 30's to 40 mph. It kinda sounded like a dirt bike though which was kool. But if you dont like it loud than you can just stick a screw and a bolt threw the hole to quiet it down. If you do this and adjust your carb settings to where they need to be than your spree should go pretty fast. Good luck[/list]
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

ok there is gonna be a lot of bs here. so can u do us a favor and snap a pic of that 40mph speedo. cuz we have been there and there is no way that alone will get u to 40mph.
Last edited by vette76 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

you got that right. i want to see this 40MPH spree to i would love to see that speedo smashed over 35
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

hp

Post by KillinSpree »

No bs here. It did 35mph when i got it. Why dont u try doin it yourself then come talk to me. alright

p.s. I got a 1985 honda spree right now that does 38mph. So i guess somebody dont no what they are talkin about.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

ok all who have tried this mod say iiii. (i)
since a stock spree does around 30mph yours might not be completely stock. or maybe ur speedo is messed up. there are only a couple of 40mph sprees on this site, and they are heavily modded. a stock spree just will not do 40mph with just the holes drilled in the baffles. this has been proven numerous times,(including the owners of this site) and im sure fellow members will back me up.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

hp

Post by KillinSpree »

Oveously you havent seen to many honda sprees because ive had about 20 honda sprees in my day and about 8 of them did over 30 mph stock and one was a black 1986 Honda Spree IOWA, and just so happens that my 1985 Honda Spree STOCK does 38mph on flat ground and no my speedo is not wrong. I will take a picture going 38mph down the road if thats what it takes to prove a point to you.
Im on here to tell people how to make their sprees a little faster not trying to be told wrong by people who think they no what their talkin about.
So you should go try it yourself and give me the result. ok thanks
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

How big of a hole?

Most Spree will go a reported 25-35 tops, with later models running faster, and Iowa's slower. Lots of variation. Most of what we've seen on 40 MPH Spree involves a pulley/belt mod of some sort, which can be accomplished if the stock belt is changed with a 1/2" auto belt. I'm betting the 38 MPH one had been tinkered with.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

hp

Post by KillinSpree »

Mine was about 1/4 of a inch around. You may get better luck if you drill an even bigger hole.

Thanks for an acutall discussion
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

please do take a pic i would love to see it
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

That makes sense that it would work. You should be able to weld a 1/2" ID pipe into that hole and plug the other outlet and get the same effect.

One of these days I need to take pics of all the exhausts I've modded and post them. I've got a drilled one, a sawn one, an expansion chamber, and a stock one. The expansion chamber was the best in terms of power, but it's peaky. Now that I have some clutch springs to play with (and a spare clutch on the way) I should be able to tune around that.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Re: hp

Post by vette76 »

KillinSpree wrote:Oveously you havent seen to many honda sprees because ive had about 20 honda sprees in my day and about 8 of them did over 30 mph stock and one was a black 1986 Honda Spree IOWA, and just so happens that my 1985 Honda Spree STOCK does 38mph on flat ground and no my speedo is not wrong. I will take a picture going 38mph down the road if thats what it takes to prove a point to you.
Im on here to tell people how to make their sprees a little faster not trying to be told wrong by people who think they no what their talkin about.
So you should go try it yourself and give me the result. ok thanks
im not trying to start a fight here man. i just find it hard to believe that your spree does 40mph with just the holes in the pipe. mant people have tried this mod (including me) with no great increase in speed. i am not saying it is impossible to get 40 out of a spree. im am not calling you a liar. perhaps other mods were done that you dont know about.i just dont see how drilling those holes gave you 10mph extra. im happy you got those results with yours, because with my completely rebuilt engine, and pulley, and exhaust mods.... mine wont pull past 35. i did not mean to offend you, but i have never seen results that good, from a little mod like that.

and i dont appreciate that you say that i am new at this. the great members of this site can tell you how new i am.

im done.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

Hp

Post by KillinSpree »

Kool maybe the sprees i had did have some extra mods done to them that i did not no about. Sorry for gettin all worked up bout it. I know you guys on here no what your talkin about but just dont say its impossible. If i did have some more mods done that i knew about than sure i would tell you guys about it. Im just sayin it worked good for me at the time. thanks
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

I was able to pull off 38mph one time with a very steep dowgrade, and good wind. While stock, but again this was only ONCE in the year that I constantly rode my spree. I got 35-36mph a few times on other hills.

In conclusion while I think under extreme conditions (in your favor) 40mph would be possible w/ the exhaust mod, I doubt that you pull it off constantly.
projects galore :nerd:
MYSTERE1
Goped
Goped

Post by MYSTERE1 »

I pull 40mph off constantly :lol:
Mystere

1985 Honda Spree.
Front pully mod, 1" longer belt,
gutted pipe, K&N air filter, #80 main jet,
Intake mod, Leo Vince clutch springs,
40 MPH top speed.
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

Hp

Post by KillinSpree »

Is your spree all stock or does it have some mods done to it. If its stock you should try the drill a hole in the muffler trick.