Tuners: Need help with my Jog

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jstone
Elite
Elite

Tuners: Need help with my Jog

Post by jstone »

This weekend I went from 80/90 tires on front and rear to 3.5x10 on the back and a 90/90 on the front. Also put on a Tecnigas R pipe (50cc pipe). Now my top speed is def higher (as expected) topping out an estimated 45-50, but acceleration and midrange are lacking for sure. I put lighter weights in the keli vari and it improved acceleration but midrange still sucks. Its like it doesn't come on the pipe till about 35. Its also very hard to take off without it being very jumpy. So much so that it makes me nervous when I take off in gravel. It also revs up fairly high when I take off and it does accelerate with the RPMS but I can't help but think the belt could be slipping.

My uneducated guess is that I'm going to need some springs, but I don't know what. Also might need a different intake (still stock) with jets to accompany it. I REALLY want to stay at 50cc until winter when crazy things are going to happen. For now I just want a quick reliable gas saver.

ANY help is greatly appreciated. Fear of tuning is what kept me from doing anything to my Jog for almost a year. Now that I've started though I see its pretty fun, I just lack ALOT of knowledge on the subject.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Tuners: Need help with my Jog

Post by bakaracer »

did you change the clutch shoe springs to stiffer ones?did you upjet the carb when you changed exhaust pipes?
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

No and no. I'm telling you, I'm new at this lol.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Well for one,the technigas next r pipe is a high reving pipe so you will need to stall the clutch more. 2k clutch shoe springs should do it.next you need to upjet the carb, so start with a 85 jet .your bike comes stock with a 76 jet.check the plug to see if you have to go up or down on the jetting.The technigas pipe likes around 18-24 grams of total roller weight in the vario. I would get the bigger jet asap before you seize the bore.the other stuff can wait for now.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Just ordered the springs. I got some 1.5k and 2k clutch springs. Also got a 5% center spring (said it was for 50cc). Can't find a source for the jets though. Don't really know what carb I have either though, haven't looked at it yet, that would help. Know a good source for malossi parts? All I know to order off of is provo scooter or moped hospital, the latter of which has cheap stuff, and the former has mostly out of stock stuff. I don't care to spend the money for the good stuff, I just have to find it.

Oh yeah, in the vari right now I have 3x5g/3x6g. So 33g all together and its still revving pretty high at take off, I had 30 before this and it didn't seem right at all. Not sure if you're familiar with jogs or not but I remember BT saying that jog rollers were a LOT diff from elite rollers.
Last edited by jstone on Wed May 19, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

if its the stock carb,both of the places you just listed should have jets,if not the yamaha dealers has them.you can also use mikuni vm11/22 jets too.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r