Chinging sound at full throttle

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Chinging sound at full throttle

Post by bakaracer »

you know for sure that you have 8.2to1 gears? if your not sure ,count how many turns the clutch bell takes to 1 tire rotation.use the valve stem as a marker.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
CAPT
Spree
Spree

Post by CAPT »

Delete
Last edited by CAPT on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zajaco
Goped
Goped

Post by zajaco »

bakaracer wrote:you know for sure that you have 8.2to1 gears? if your not sure ,count how many turns the clutch bell takes to 1 tire rotation.use the valve stem as a marker.
Yep, Just over 8 turns of the clutch bell.
1988 LX50 Elite DIO
zajaco
Goped
Goped

Post by zajaco »

CAPT wrote:drop your jetting to 138.......

with the Contessa, we ran 40:1 with the 28oko and a 52pilot and 132 main. That may have been a tad lean, but you should be able to run 140 or 138 without issue.
I plan on doing plug chops a little later on. I guess I am confused why chaining the jetting a few sizes will improve top end if my engine is already making the necessary RMPs.
1988 LX50 Elite DIO
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

If your to rich on the main,the engine will loose power because of it being to rich. do a plug chop to see where your at first.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

evilone wrote:Isn't that just a grease cover? The restrictor plate looks completely different.
??? that is the only kind I have ever seen. Whatever it is, it inhibits top speed. Please tell me you don,t have one on your scooter. :surprise:
you wrote: you mentioned earlier that 8.2's should do 60mph @ 8583 rpm or so. My new belt arrives Tuesday. Do you think that is the last piece that will push me over 60? Is there anything else I need to look at?
I figured your tire size to be a 90/90 10 or close to it. The new belt should help out a lot.

Take all the advice you can get from bakaracer about jetting, he is a genius when it come to tuning these scooters.
He is the guy I ask for advice. :thumbsup:

I think you will see 60 mph soon.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Trafficjamz wrote:
evilone wrote:Isn't that just a grease cover? The restrictor plate looks completely different.
??? that is the only kind I have ever seen. Whatever it is, it inhibits top speed. Please tell me you don,t have one on your scooter. :surprise:
you wrote: you mentioned earlier that 8.2's should do 60mph @ 8583 rpm or so. My new belt arrives Tuesday. Do you think that is the last piece that will push me over 60? Is there anything else I need to look at?
I figured your tire size to be a 90/90 10 or close to it. The new belt should help out a lot.

Take all the advice you can get from bakaracer about jetting, he is a genius when it come to tuning these scooters.
He is the guy I ask for advice. :thumbsup:

I think you will see 60 mph soon.
Thanks!I don't know about being a genius on these but just sharing what I learned and know because I hate to see guys blow there engines and money.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Trafficjamz wrote:
This is the real restrictor, on the backside you can see where the rollers hit and are stopped.

I put that grease cover back on every variator i use and pack rollers with grease :confused:. Maybe without it i will hit closer to 80 mph!!

Just kidding! I throw them all away and use light coat of lithium grease or none at all :lol:. I don't recommend anyone to use the grease covers.

And i agree.....listen to every word bakaracer has to say, even if he overlooks something he ends up re-reading and gets you back on track :worship:
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
zajaco
Goped
Goped

Post by zajaco »

Thanks for the help guys! :coolcruise:

I was going to do plug chops today but the weather had other plans apparently. The new belt should be in tomorrow and the weather forecast is clear :thumbwink:
1988 LX50 Elite DIO
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

evilone wrote:
Trafficjamz wrote:
This is the real restrictor, on the backside you can see where the rollers hit and are stopped.

I put that grease cover back on every variator i use and pack rollers with grease :confused:. Maybe without it i will hit closer to 80 mph!!

Just kidding! I throw them all away and use light coat of lithium grease or none at all :lol:. I don't recommend anyone to use the grease covers.

And i agree.....listen to every word bakaracer has to say, even if he overlooks something he ends up re-reading and gets you back on track :worship:
guess I have never seen the actual restrictor plate :surprise: None of my scoots have that crap on them.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

That restrictor plate is off Backfire, you would have seen one but i took it off first thing.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

zajaco wrote:Thanks for the help guys! :coolcruise:

I was going to do plug chops today but the weather had other plans apparently. The new belt should be in tomorrow and the weather forecast is clear :thumbwink:
Take note of the air temp and humidity when you get that jetting close or just right. when the air temp goes up or goes back down, you will have to adjust the carb either by air fuel screw or jet changes.The amount of mods done to your bike,the engine gets sensitive to air changes fast. if you don't adjust, the bike will run like crap or lean out and seize so becareful.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
zajaco
Goped
Goped

Post by zajaco »

No belt today but I did a few plug chops. I think the 140 chop looks a little better than the 142. I am going to try the 138 tomorrow. Engine temps with both jets was around 350.

What do you guys think?

142 main

140 main
1988 LX50 Elite DIO
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Is that both with a new plug or same plug with different jetting? if you drop to a 138 ,your leaning it out so the temp is going to go up. is that a br8hsa plug? its hard to tell but is the ground strap lighter or more metal looking with the 140 main than the 142 main?
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
zajaco
Goped
Goped

Post by zajaco »

It's the same plug with different jetting and a BR6HSA plug. The pictures for the 140 were taken around dusk so it does look darker. The brown coloring is a bit more uniform through the top and sides of the ground on the 140.
1988 LX50 Elite DIO