Elite Mod suggestions, and problems...

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Standard Man
Noob
Noob

Elite Mod suggestions, and problems...

Post by Standard Man »

Hey guys!
Im new around here, but I have a great love for these bikes. I have had a Spree since I was 2 (my dad would drive with me on it) and have had an Elite LX for about 5 years and an 82 Express NC50 for a few years.

The Elite is my favorite of the three, but the acceleration is terrible. I saw the other thread and it said something about putting a variator or something like that in it? (sorry, I am a TOTAL newb to this stuff so I have no idea what these things are) would a variator work in it?

Also, the back tire on it is TOAST. Where might be a good place to get a replacement back tire to fit it? I have looked around a little bit but I havent found anything that would fit for sure.

I also thought I should mention that the speedometer isnt working anymore. The needle doesnt move. at all. Any ideas what could be happening there?

And is there any mods that a 13 year old could pull off? Keep in mind that im in a lot of high ability classes and can figure things out (I wire my own guitars and build them) So is there anything that I can do to make it perform better?

Thanks everyone here! Im really liking this place!
Currently riding,

88 Honda Elite 50 LX(Custom Nebraska N paint job)

82 Honda Express NC50

Year? Honda Spree
Wheelman-111

Re: Elite Mod suggestions, and problems...

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Welcome to you and your Elite LX. I suggest you poke around Technical Documents to learn all about it.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Welcome to you and your Elite LX. I suggest you poke around Technical Documents to learn all about it.
I second this motion :werd:

tech docs are quite helpful
projects galore :nerd:
Standard Man
Noob
Noob

Post by Standard Man »

Thanks guys. I have my Elite going in in a few days for the tire replacement and if I can get enough money, Im going to have a better variator put in.
Currently riding,

82 Honda Express NC50

Year? Honda Spree
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

If budget's an issue (and when isn't it?), consider an used Ruckus variator from a forum like TotalRuckus. Needs a bit of metal shaved from the starter housing area, but provides a little upgear effect thanks to its larger diameter.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Standard Man
Noob
Noob

Post by Standard Man »

That sounds like a good idea. Im thinking about this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ink:top:en
Currently riding,

82 Honda Express NC50

Year? Honda Spree