Trail Tech Vapor Opinions?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

stopsign31
BMX
BMX

Trail Tech Vapor Opinions?

Post by stopsign31 »

So I recently came across the Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/Tach/Temp gauge. Does anybody have any history or opinion on this part? Also, on E-bay and the trail tech web site, I can find many applications for Honda products, but not a 50cc scooter. Is there some cross over from another Honda model that we could use on an Elite?? Thanks for the feedback.
1994 Elite SR (Black & Purple)
Tazland 51mm BBK (2nd kit -- fried the 1rst)
YMS- V8 pipe
9 : 1 gears Pirelli SL26 3.0 Tires
OKO 28mm carb // chrome CT manifold // Koso filter
Ruckus variator
Blue tension spring // 2K clutch springs
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Re: Trail Tech Vapor Opinions?

Post by toboggan »

yeah, i was also looking at getting one, and haven't found complete kits on ebay, or ones that i think would fit.
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

The differerences between models are the mounting kits and the sensors. The units are the same.

I found one for a honda 4 wheeler and put it on my road bike.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
tw39515
Elite
Elite

Post by tw39515 »

I have one and like it alot here is the link to my install.
87 elite dio
01 elite 50
87 aero parting out
85 spree sold
shiba
Goped
Goped

Post by shiba »

i to got one on my bike....and as said, the difference is the mounting hardware...

originally i had mine rigged kinda poorly....but just recently had a guy at work machine me a very nice mount! very proud of it...

i also got their other gauge that only does speed...tho i havent set that up yet...i bought it for my EV motorcycle that i'm working on...but im considering putting it on my scooter...
2000 Honda Elite SA50P (AF16E)
Current Mods: 72cc Malossi BBK, Unrestricted, OKO Vari, OKO Ramp, [9g OKO/ 7.5G ???] Rollers, #82 Upjet, ASN 9:1 gears

HELP ME WITH MY TRANSMISSION TUNING!!!
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

get the one for the yamaha blaster as that one comes with the cylinder head temp sensor. most of the other ones come with the watercooled sensor with the bypass adapter.if your going watercooled than any of the other kits will work.yes the gauges are the same just hardware and sensors differ from kits.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
vette66_00
Spree
Spree

Post by vette66_00 »

Also make sure its the one for the 2003-2007 Yamaha Blaster. Its an awesome kit. You will also need the CHT extension cable off of there website because the stock 12" does not reach the cylinder. And the extension for the RPM's. Or you can just add the wire and solder on the connector.
89 Honda Elite E 48cc bbk and gears all broken in... I get to 35 mph (gps) full out and Im 240 lbs. Need more speed

My toy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWgZXLUy25U
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

They work great. you'll need one with the 14mm sensor. Search for a "Univeral" setup. i got mine from ebay for 120 like, back in april or early may. Also, get yourself the Temp Sensor Extension wire. Soldering or splicing * with the resistance, thus, chaning the actual temp readout. Now as far as soldering or splicing the tach wire, this can be done WITHOUT buying an extension.. I had mounted mine, but never used it. it still sits in the box on my shelf..waiting to be used. just aint had nuttin to hook it upto. lol Maybe somday.
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

haha, wanna sell it?
da808nanospeed
Spree
Spree

Post by da808nanospeed »

i got mind trail tech vapor stealth for $100 free shipping plus tax from this ebay site. if ur not in california, then is $100 shipped for all 50 states.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trail-Te ... ccessories

make sure you get the 48" extension for the CHT sensor. dont' try to extend the sensor yourself, I tried to extend the sensor myself (with speaker wires and solder), it work for 15min and it fail (does not display any temp til i reset it). then i have to order new sensor plus extension, now it works good.
http://www.trailtech.net/V300-48.html

2003 Yamaha R1 998cc SOLD
1997 Honda Elite S 72cc SOLD
2007 SYM DD50 72CC X2
Goped sport 29cc