has anyone tried this pipe? Looks like stock

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

ktroy
BMX
BMX

has anyone tried this pipe? Looks like stock

Post by ktroy »

http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=58

Would this have a power increase over a stock 1994 SR50 pipe? With my new found top-end.. a new pipe wouldn't hurt. :D
I am looking for something bolt and go.. no messing around. Maybe a torque spring or something, but that isn't bad.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Re: has anyone tried this pipe? Looks like stock

Post by trains420 »

somene ewas selling one and said no performance increase as far as he could tell. i got the one with blue bolts, called v8 on there. if you look close, you can see a v8 imprinted in it. it's the next more expensive one. my engines too wore to really use it. do a derestriction of your airbox, and use a bigger main jet, like 88 or 90 maybe 85 some people say, and tie open a elite s oil thing. or put a little oil in with a fillup. like 2 capfuls. if you do the airbox derestriction, your going to have to get your air fuel mixture fixed, with your carburetor. if you takeoff the airbox lid, you'll see the hole at the top it's asquare hole, hwere air goes in, and one with a plastic cap over it sealing it off. you unseal it, and up the main jet in the carburetor, but you have to tune your carburetor. do a plug chop. good idea, to do that. tune up your variator if it isn't tuned. the variators can come with rollers, but they might be for soemthing else. tune the transmission and you can do a airbox derestriction.
tw39515
Elite
Elite

Re: has anyone tried this pipe? Looks like stock

Post by tw39515 »

i have one, never had a stock pipe on. very quiet only had it up to 52mph because of roller weights. plenty of low end torque
87 elite dio
01 elite 50
87 aero parting out
85 spree sold