Now the Elite is TOO jumpy and herky querky II

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

GJbean
Goped
Goped

Now the Elite is TOO jumpy and herky querky II

Post by GJbean »

Men, please. Ms. Bean loves you all, but your competition for her affection has started a blazing fire. Which Ms. Bean sees as a total compliment. :love:

AND ON TOP OF THAT MY TOPICS KEEP GETTING LOCKED.

OK, on the throttle thingy. I do have the service manual. Hopefully I can get some instructions there.

Lastly, there is no chance that Ms. Bean will gain weight. She would never fit into the expensive set of leathers her hubby bought her.

Sweet Dreams. :peace:
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Now the Elite is TOO jumpy and herky querky II

Post by martynkim »

As posted before give the throttle cable some slack. This can be done easiest under the handlebar you know the little J hook? It has an adjuster loosen it some and try out the results.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

mine must of been missing the adjuster. have you ever done it?
is their really one? and upgear. your topic got locked, because i helped. think i'll help more often.
GJbean
Goped
Goped

Post by GJbean »

martynkim wrote:As posted before give the throttle cable some slack. This can be done easiest under the handlebar you know the little J hook? It has an adjuster loosen it some and try out the results.
thanks marty. that is the best thing about these bikes,you can try things real easy and see if that works. just did not know where to start.
I was thinking about the air/carb screw. just don't know, but it seems like everyone is saying to check the cable.
GJbean
Goped
Goped

Post by GJbean »

trains420 wrote:mine must of been missing the adjuster. have you ever done it?
is their really one? and upgear. your topic got locked, because i helped. think i'll help more often.
well the moderator sure has a hair trigger---just like my throttle.

it is not the first time this has happened to Ms. Bean here. Very white don't you know.

on the cable thing first. thanks.

:hi:
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

GJbean wrote:
martynkim wrote:As posted before give the throttle cable some slack. This can be done easiest under the handlebar you know the little J hook? It has an adjuster loosen it some and try out the results.
thanks marty. that is the best thing about these bikes,you can try things real easy and see if that works. just did not know where to start.
I was thinking about the air/carb screw. just don't know, but it seems like everyone is saying to check the cable.
No don't mess with the carb sounds like it is running great! Just not quite to your liking. There are other things that can slow it down as well on the start try this out and LMK the result. If it does not, (it should) you could try a little upgrade :naughty:
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

doyou mean you jump around i nyour seat because, of the wheelies you almost pulling, then you hit your throttle, you just can't ride? adjusting some slack in your throttle will just make it jump later. you didn't say anything else.
how is jumpiing on help being white?

oh and edit: wished i'd found that d*** adjuster, i broke my throttle body plastic messing with it.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

trains420 wrote:doyou mean you jump around i nyour seat because, of the wheelies you almost pulling, then you hit your throttle, you just can't ride? adjusting some slack in your throttle will just make it jump later. you didn't say anything else.
how is jumpiing on help being white?

oh and edit: wished i'd found that d*** adjuster, i broke my throttle body plastic messing with it.
:love: :love: :love:
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

ok don't adjust with that needle. can be done. but don't twist the wire. maybe someone else has another way of adjusting, seems like we can use that person after all. didn't they have another way of adjusting it?
that way of using that nut, you would have to take the whole throttle cable out and then twist the thing. youll break stuff if you don't.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

not help, as in slave. i mean i would never calla slave help.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

trains420 wrote:ok don't adjust with that needle. can be done. but don't twist the wire. maybe someone else has another way of adjusting, seems like we can use that person after all. didn't they have another way of adjusting it?
that way of using that nut, you would have to take the whole throttle cable out and then twist the thing. youll break stuff if you don't.
You have no clue what you are talking about. So just shut the * up. :jack:
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

you are a *.
konaking
Spree
Spree

Post by konaking »

trains420 wrote:you are a *.
I agree
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

konaking wrote:
trains420 wrote:you are a *.
I agree
That pretty much says it all right there. Two morons that know less than nothing but their egos are so big they can't deal with reality don't like me. How can this day get any better?

Here, you to go fill this out and see if the Bobo in the white house can help you.

Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
konaking
Spree
Spree

Post by konaking »

Why can't we all just be friends and scoot together in peace? Oh yeah I know why, bear has a huge mouth and can't help acting like a old grumpy * muncher.