frame strenthening

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

that guy
Goped
Goped

frame strenthening

Post by that guy »

I have read ae86guys posts about frame strenthening how many people hav tried this i dont get a reply frm him 2 talk 2 him more about it looks like a good idea since my spree will b much faster than stock
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED
Just waiting on a box of go fast goodies
killerpancake
Spree
Spree

Re: frame strenthening

Post by killerpancake »

im not sure you would need it, you know some people get ahold of an old spree just to jump it and they always seem to hold up, but it couldn't really hurt anything to add some strength.
If it don't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

(Previous)
87 honda spree
85 honda spree

(Current)
88 yammy razz

(parts bike)
another 88 yammy razz
that guy
Goped
Goped

Post by that guy »

Ive got the front forks off a chinese wreck with a disk brake setup for stopping power just thought that with it going 60mph + the frame could do with a tweek 2 help with these high speeds
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Yeah, I've seen the results from ppl jumping their Spree. I've even straightened frames with a bottle jack to fix it.

Depends what you mean by "strengthen," but the weakest support of the frame is for vertical inputs (i.e. landing jumps. The handlebars want to fold back to the seat.

Best way to fix this is a top bar, like a motorcycle. In other words, make it look like a men's bike instead of a women's.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

My solution a year ago was to wrap the bare frame with a layer of fiberglass then wrap it with carbon fiber. The bike is a lot stiffer and has no external braces, looks stock. Didn't add much weight and used only hand tools nothing fancy.

I did a write up here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12964&hilit=carbon+fiber+reed+frame
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
that guy
Goped
Goped

Post by that guy »

Interesting but 2 messy for me im gonna go with the top bar like on ae86guys nq still cant get ahold of him 2 talk about it but it looks awesome and im sure it will help with stabilty on the little scoot
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

that guy wrote:Interesting but 2 messy for me im gonna go with the top bar like on ae86guys nq still cant get ahold of him 2 talk about it but it looks awesome and im sure it will help with stabilty on the little scoot
It will help with the rigidity of the spree. A common mod for the Ruckus. Years ago I did that with a 2x4 for a certain friend to ride my sb50p. It takes the "spring" out of the handle bars when you hit a sharp incline, like a raised concrete edge but the ride is a little harsher.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

ae86guy is full of crap man........ be careful with any info you get from him....
that guy
Goped
Goped

Post by that guy »

I dont see how his top bar is crap and do u really need 2 dis other members like that.That is how forums like this get ruined and push people 2 other forums if u dont like him then fine but keep it 2 urself
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

that guy wrote:I dont see how his top bar is crap and do u really need 2 dis other members like that.That is how forums like this get ruined and push people 2 other forums if u dont like him then fine but keep it 2 urself
The man, ae86guy has so far proven himself to be a liar and continues to make unbelievable claims of performance and refuses to produce proof. So a this point anything he has claimed is suspect at best. Oh and he started the dissing so if you defend him you will get painted with the same brush. You need to stop defending the undefendable and educate yourself about issues before you jump in.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

Thanks Bear!
that guy
Goped
Goped

Post by that guy »

Excuse me but did anyone ask ur opinion im NOT defending anyone i just dont think its fair that you all attack someone when they aint around 2 defend themself its like a blind shot 2 the back of the head 2 some unsuspecting person.Its like your all twelve year olds fighting

I havent been here long i think im gonna just read wat i want 2 read and not post any more i get enough of this with my kids i dont need it from so called grown ups

Have fun fighting between urselfs
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

that guy wrote:Excuse me but did anyone ask ur opinion im NOT defending anyone i just dont think its fair that you all attack someone when they aint around 2 defend themself its like a blind shot 2 the back of the head 2 some unsuspecting person.Its like your all twelve year olds fighting

I havent been here long i think im gonna just read wat i want 2 read and not post any more i get enough of this with my kids i dont need it from so called grown ups

Have fun fighting between urselfs
Excuse me, but you ran your fat mouth about something you knew nothing about. You got corrected and you ran your mouth some more. You got corrected again and you still have the attitude that you are somehow right and the regulars here are wrong. Guess what......NOT! Either shut up and learn or go the * away. Either case works for us.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
that guy
Goped
Goped

Post by that guy »

Please explain where i was apparently corrected. Wat is it that u seem 2 think i need 2 learn
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED