Case problem??

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Paul604
BMX
BMX

Case problem??

Post by Paul604 »

Finally getting around to rebuilding my af24 again. Split the cases, new bearings and seals. Tried installing the crank into the big half first and it didn't seem to want to go in perfectly straight. Took it out. Thought maybe the bearing wasn't seated all the way, so
I reinstalled it. Tried pulling the crank into the small half first this time. When I get the cases together it seems fine, I can tighten the top 2 case bolts, still no binding, any other case bolt gets tightened I get a binding at the bottom. Back the bolts off, no binding. Does this seem like a bearing issue, I heated up the case to install them. Dropped right in. Hammered them down to make sure. Een tried pulling the crank through each way still the same problem. I have a feeling it's something to do with the big case half crank bearing not seating fully. Looks fine underneath. No damage or anything. Any ideas? Thanks.
1990 Honda Tact
AF24 swap - 50mm bbk, 44mm mini stroker crank, V8 pipe, custom seat cover, 6.9:1 gears
Paul604
BMX
BMX

Re: Case problem??

Post by Paul604 »

Now that I think back, when I first installed the crank I had this problem. Eventually just got it to seal and spin free. Gotta fix it right this time.
1990 Honda Tact
AF24 swap - 50mm bbk, 44mm mini stroker crank, V8 pipe, custom seat cover, 6.9:1 gears
Paul604
BMX
BMX

Post by Paul604 »

No ideas? Could it be that the mini stroker crank I have needs thinner bearings? I have 2 sets of crank bearings, was possibly thinking of slightly sanding one set down. I think all it needs is maybe a mm or so off each.
1990 Honda Tact
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

that bore x stroke is way off= hint from vt cycles is to keep the bore x stroke as close as possible....
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!