cmr 63cc bbk

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

moke
BMX
BMX

cmr 63cc bbk

Post by moke »

im planning on geting a cmr bbk from vt cycles and would like to know does a bore kit make that much difference for the price and how much would i have to upjet with a uni filter and stock pipe?
Derestricted 87 Honda Elite SE50p Iowa
DDX variator 7g
Uni Pod FIlter
Wheelman-111

Re: cmr 63cc bbk

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I was tempted by the affordable CMR, but eventually bought Polini (Flash I) and Malossi (Flash II). Generally and especially with bore kits, you get that for which you pay.

The 30% displacement increase absolutely makes a difference in take-off Torquiness but doesn't increase top speed as much as you'd think. Once the variator translates the belt as far as possible, any speed increase is RPM-dependent. The added power makes it possible to over-rev the engine without taller gears. That's a whole other story. But you will enjoy the added thrust in traffic up to your 40-ish top speed.

It's recommended to install a Cylinder Head Temperature gauge along with the kit so you're not just guessing on jetting. Plug "Chops" on the lean side sometimes come too late. With a stock pipe and setup as you described, I'd start with a #90 main.

Good luck!
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
moke
BMX
BMX

Post by moke »

overall would this bore not last? With dirtbikes in past experience cheap bores lasted as long as they were broken in correctly does the same concept apply?
Derestricted 87 Honda Elite SE50p Iowa
DDX variator 7g
Uni Pod FIlter
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

At that affordable price, I have to think someone out there has purchased and installed a CMR, yet I don't recall ever seeing a write-up on one. Maybe they're out having too much fun, but I wonder if instead it means that most have encountered an embarassing failure and few people want to broadcast that result. I on the other hand am proud to look foolish, especially if it means someone down the line will avoid my mistakes... :oops:
F4PM7Piston.jpg
F4PM7Piston.jpg (262.72 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
What say you, CMR 46mm installers?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Search on "CMR" at this site, you will get a lot of hits.

MrPibbs built one up at this link

Mr Pibbs CMR bore