POLINI CONTESSA 72CC WITH STOCK SYM BLOCK

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

96706EliteS
Noob
Noob

POLINI CONTESSA 72CC WITH A STOCK SYM BLOCK.

Post by 96706EliteS »

MY OLD SET UP WAS A 72CC POLINI CONTESSA WITH A STOCK SYM BLOCK. IT SEEMS LIKE IT WAS RUNNING ALOT BETTER WITH RUNNING THE POLINI BLOCK WITH THE POLINI BORE... DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYBODY THAT EVER USE THIS SET UP... I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT, AND THINKING ABOUT PORT MY STOCK SYM BLOCK JUS A LITTLE.

THANX! :coolcruise:
bonesv

Re: POLINI CONTESSA 72CC WITH STOCK SYM HEAD

Post by bonesv »

I think you should learn to have some patience first, and then maybe someone would help you. You just posted this same thread 6 minutes ago! Get a hold of yourself man.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
96706EliteS
Noob
Noob

Re: POLINI CONTESSA 72CC WITH STOCK SYM HEAD

Post by 96706EliteS »

MY BAD BRO!

NEW TO THIS SITE AND DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO USE IT... I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT IT GETS OUT THERE... LOL
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: POLINI CONTESSA 72CC WITH STOCK SYM BLOCK

Post by veedubh20 »

Lol! I charge arm n legs porting... :2thumbs:
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Gawd.

1) Knock it off with the double and triple posting. Wait a day before bumping a topic.

2) Knock it off with the all caps. See that button with "Caps Lock" on it? Push it.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
96706EliteS
Noob
Noob

Post by 96706EliteS »

I just wanted to know if my old setup is better than my new one... I thought that going to this site would help me out, but i guess i was wrong bout' that... Ama have to look at another site and hope that someone would take me under their wing and help me out...

thanx' anyway!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I just don't see too many Spree Forumistas reporting direct SYM experience. I do realize that SYM engines were clones of Honda's design, so the same rules should apply, but maybe not.

You'd think the normally well-engineered Polini kit would work best with a Polini-matched cylinder head, but possibly not for some reason on your application. I suggest you perform compression checks using the SYM, then the Polini head and report your findings. I know my Corsa has good performance despite a relatively modest CR.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

sym blocks have tiny intake and boost ports. Those should be done by someone who knows what their doing. Polini kits need the polini heads I you want the compression to be right.
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
96706EliteS
Noob
Noob

Post by 96706EliteS »

right on bro! thanx to all you guys who try helpin' out new peeps... i don't know much, but i', willing to share what i know... ama try your advices and see what i come up with... one more thing, i came up with another problem i put on my new polini kit and it started jus fine. i rode it 15 to 20 mph, but when i tried to gas it more it starts to bog and the exhaust sounds different, but it doesn't die out. when i release the throttle it rides jus fine. what's wrong with it?

appreciate any help....
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

EliteS Axt:
one more thing, i came up with another problem i put on my new polini kit and it started jus fine. i rode it 15 to 20 mph, but when i tried to gas it more it starts to bog and the exhaust sounds different, but it doesn't die out. when i release the throttle it rides jus fine. what's wrong with it?
I'm tempted to say it's the throttle grip. It's being turned by a feller who's not very good at outlining an issue or finishing a thought. But I won't say that. :wink:
To get help with this question, you would need to give us just a bit more 411 on your setup. What pipe, carb, jet size, air filter, etc.? Did you measure compression?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
sum-azn-kid
Elite
Elite

Post by sum-azn-kid »

i had a 72cc corsa on a stock block sym. nothing wrong with it. i could keep up and pass honda block 72s and 86s. just tune it.
2007 SYM DD50- baby blue 72 "Daily rider"-sold
1988 Honda SB50P-on going project
zuma 125-sold
Ninja 250r-totaled
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Sum-azn-kid the sym boost port is much smaller than the elite port and so is the intake port. It will run with a stock block but your not gonna reach the true potential and tuning is harder. The boostt port needs to be matched
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii