Any experience with this BBK? Looks like a good deal....

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Any experience with this BBK? Looks like a good deal....

Post by jlynn433 »

i dont have the money for a corsa right now and i think this bore might actually be just as good providing it puts out 3 more cc's.... heres the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIO-Honda-Big-B ... 539wt_1392

if anyone has ever owned one or known of one and has experience with it, let me know if its worth it. i plan on getting a bbk this week
'00 Honda Elite S.....................'06 Yamaha Zuma
-80cc Taiwanese BBK...............-Taiwan pwr pkg
-Malossi Vari
-6.9:1 Primary gears
-High Energy Ignition Coil
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Any experience with this BBK? Looks like a good deal....

Post by Trafficjamz »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/78CC-ALUMINUM-N ... 3f04bfaf26

This one is good......not a corsa but good for the $$
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

That'd be Flash 3.1. The Nicasil bore is incredibly durable. It survived the deeply wrong-headed rookie Wheelman jetting errors like a champ - I mean coast-down temps teasing and OVER 500 degrees! Never a hiccup.

The downside is that as Jamz stated: It ain't no Corsa. Despite its 78cc displacement, it's a bit of an underachiever in the performance department. Others have suggested the porting could be improved, but this is tricky due to the easy-to-chip Nickel-Silicon plating.

Still, it's WAAAYYyyy stronger than stock and speeds approaching 60 with a good pipe are attainable. Good spread of torque down low, too. Run 8.44s and no taller unless you plan to try your hand at porting.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

That'd be Flash 3.1. The Nicasil bore is incredibly durable. It survived the deeply wrong-headed rookie Wheelman jetting errors like a champ - I mean coast-down temps teasing and OVER 500 degrees! Never a hiccup.

The downside is that as Jamz stated: It ain't no Corsa. Despite its 78cc displacement, it's a bit of an underachiever in the performance department. Others have suggested the porting could be improved, but this is tricky due to the easy-to-chip Nickel-Silicon plating.

Still, it's WAAAYYyyy stronger than stock and speeds approaching 60 with a good pipe are attainable. Good spread of torque down low, too. Run 8.44s and no taller unless you plan to try your hand at porting.
I think that if the throat of the exhaust port was opened up a bit and the port window were left the same, this kit would see decent power gained without touching the nik-sil coating at all. It'd still not rev like a Corsa, but similar low end could be achieved for far less money.

But cutting away aluminum, you have to be more careful because mistakes happen much more quickly on aluminum than when carving out cast iron. It is a much softer metal, but that does not mean it's easier to port.
:geekdance: In clich├® form, "Slow and steady wins the race." :geekdance:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

For a few bucks more you can get a high quality Malossi BBK. Better quality than either bore above. I have them in stock 165$ shipped. PM me if interested. Keith

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=19538
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Is that for cast iron or for MHR, Eft?

The iron Malossi may outperform the Nic, never owned one except for the SE/05 65cc kit. Not so sure it'll hang with a Corsa, however.
Now the MHR is the stuff of Legend, but uncoated Al bore isn't renowned for longer-term durability.

Anyway, anything I-talian is almost certainly higher performance than the Nic. Malossi, Polini? Tomato, Tom-ah-to.
Made by experienced Craftsmen, either way. Porting might get the Nic close, but without the kind of knowledge that Guido and Luigi have, odds are just as good it'll make it worse.
Save the trouble and uncertainty. Go with the proven product if you can spare the extra $30.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Is that for cast iron or for MHR, Eft?

The iron Malossi may outperform the Nic, never owned one except for the SE/05 65cc kit. Not so sure it'll hang with a Corsa, however.
Now the MHR is the stuff of Legend, but uncoated Al bore isn't renowned for longer-term durability.

Anyway, anything I-talian is almost certainly higher performance than the Nic. Malossi, Polini? Tomato, Tom-ah-to.
Made by experienced Craftsmen, either way. Porting might get the Nic close, but without the kind of knowledge that Guido and Luigi have, odds are just as good it'll make it worse.
Save the trouble and uncertainty. Go with the proven product if you can spare the extra $30.
Mr. Wheelman The price is for the cast kit. Ya I dont think it would hang with the Corsa unless it was properly ported.

The MHR aluminum cylinder is indeed "Nikasil" lined. They dont use the term "Nikasil" though cause its a trademarked name. But its the same thing. This is how Malossi describes it.

"Cylinder liner with silicon carbide metal-spray coating on a galvanic nickel matrix, cross-honed with passes with diamonds for very tight tolerances."

Keith
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes

Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I stand corrected on the MHR. That sure sounds like nickel silicon plating, which gives the superior heat-dissipating Aluminum cylinder the same or better durability as Iron. From all I have read, the MHR will be my choice if ever (God forbid...) my Corsa wears out.
There's also something to be said for the Iron Malossi. The Race-Spec bores make good power up top, but kinda fussy to try to ride around town at 30-45 MPH. It's kind of High Drama, all the time with the Corsa. Not much oomph in the midrange and a vintage "Turbo Lag" effect until the revs come up.

The Nikasil was very good for City Street riding, but ran short of breath over 9K and didn't touch the Corsa's wallop on top.
If the Iron Malossi splits the difference, it's an excellent choice. My 65cc Malossi Iron was stronger than the Polini Cortessa 65.
Wheelman-111
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

What's the redline of the mhr and cast iron 70
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

8000-9000 for the cast kit and 9000-10000 for the MHR That info comes directly from Malossi

these numbers arent really "redline" but more where the bores perform best. Keith
Red Eft Performance

jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

does anyone know how to calculate the ratio of primary gears given just the number of teeth on each one? (ie:18x39 teeth)
EDIT: DISREGARD THIS, ILL START A NEW THREAD, NOT FINDING IT ANYWHERE
'00 Honda Elite S.....................'06 Yamaha Zuma
-80cc Taiwanese BBK...............-Taiwan pwr pkg
-Malossi Vari
-6.9:1 Primary gears
-High Energy Ignition Coil
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

See "Aftermarket Tooth Tally" in the Tech Sections. It's just arithmetic.
Wheelman-111