street fighter setup

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

HammahDIO808
Noob
Noob

street fighter setup

Post by HammahDIO808 »

I want to know wat is a good set up with a 72cc contessa.

I'm starting from scratch.

I got a bare dd50 block with all virgin ports.
I got a lighten mag and 6:9 gears
I have 2 cranks. 1 stock sym crank and a ruima 44.4 mini stroke crank on the side.(which one should I run)

I need help on how I should port it to hit 75mph!
Like step by step on what I should do,from scratch to finish.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: street fighter setup

Post by bakaracer »

Not going to get that speed with a contessa.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
gixxer1000chad
Spree
Spree

Post by gixxer1000chad »

yeah .going to have to agree with bakaracer.. You need a corsa bc the contessa doesn't rev high enough to achieve speeds like that ..i think the corsa revs like 2-3k more rpm than the contessa.. A malossi mhr would also be a good choice.you could probably see 65 mph with the right gearing on the contessa I'd say just from guessing,it all depends on the build ,pipe,carb,rollers, vatiator,etc... But there are several builds that can back up the corsa on here doing 70mph +... And bakaracer knows * he is talking about...watch his videos
i bet mine is slower!!! now what??
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

[quote="bakaracer"]Not going to get that speed with a contessa.[/quote

I got to 73mph unportedmdd block. 9:1 pg long 28oko ct chrome 1k springs on dd50 wink 45kg.

Need to port the dd block..
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

veedubh20 wrote:
bakaracer wrote:Not going to get that speed with a contessa.[/quote

I got to 73mph unportedmdd block. 9:1 pg long 28oko ct chrome 1k springs on dd50 wink 45kg.

Need to port the dd block..
don't think so!!! Contessa makes its peak power at around 8200rpm vs a corsa at around 9500. The pg long makes its power peak power at around 9800-10300rpm. With 9to1 gears that's only around 60mph plus you said its nonported so that's a big NO!!! On a 73mph topspeed. You will need to rev that setup to at least almost 12k to get the speed your claiming.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

+1

By freeswimming at 2011-10-25
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
HammahDIO808
Noob
Noob

Post by HammahDIO808 »

Ok so I should have a corsa? Wat if I use a corsa cylnder with a contessa head and piston?
Will it have the same performance as a complete corsa with its cylnder,head,and piston?
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

That should work. The head I think might be slightly different but will still work and performance will still be there as each head is designed for each style of cylinder performance.they may look the same but there will be slight differences in squish band angle,height and combustion size and shape
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i had an elite 50 with a contessa kit and 8:1 gears that did 70 without a problem on flat, if i held it for long enough i could get to 78 mph... you can throw as many parts on it as you want, or put as big of a cylinder as you want, but if you dont know how to tune it well then your not going to get very far... and there is more to tuning it then just some jets, a screw driver and some weights.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

yeah NO!!!!! You can do all the fine tuning you want. A sport cylinder which what a contessa is, makes about max 9hp at the crank. You have to minus drive train lose,weight,wind resistance and rolling resistance. Plus that cylinder doesn't make enough torque,hp and rpm to reach the speeds your saying your bike does so STOP LYING!!!!!
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Plus if the contessa goes as fast as all you guys claim you bike goes, polini would be using and racing these engines and kits instead of the minarelli motors so your not fooling no one here. Forum bs is all it is cuz if not companies like polini or malossi would be consulting you on R&D cylinder work and they are not.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Jahden
BMX
BMX

Post by Jahden »

Is it possible for a mini stroker to reach speeds up to 70??
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

... i dont appreciate being called a liar, you dont know me, or what i have done, or the things i have created... your the kind of person that says i spree cant go 45 with a stock sized piston and no variator... you cant limit yourself just because people say its impossible, flight was impossible, electricity was impossible, space travel was impossible, and getting sick meant you were possessed by the devil... and the reason they use a Minarelli engine is for alot more reasons then just a bore kit my Friend. Are you next going to tell me that a 95 dodge avenger can never have all wheel drive? or maybe that the earth is flat... becuase we "knew" it was flat... people are so set that they know everything and if anyone says anything to the contrary its impossible! while the elite engine is a good engine, its not the best, at all and the minarelli engine is far better... now, the cylinder does not have a rev limit my friend, its what it allows it to go to with the set circumstances, you change the circumstances and you get different results. example, dieseling, when a spree for instance starts dieseling, it goes so far above the rev " limit " that you can pull the spark plug wire off and it will still run on just compression and gas alone, and an rpm that you would swear was a gsxr. and while yes dieseling can damage an engine, if tuned properly, it will last. and for your last comment about consulting for r and d, first off, not everyone gets the chance to show what they can do, i could put my life on the fact that there are people out there getting payed 7.40 an hour that know far more then the guys making 30 an hour... with that said, they have to come out with a good product that works on every moped, because no elite is the same as another, not at all. so they put a leway into it, that leway takes away from performance and also makes it so it hits a proverbial wall... over the wall is catastrophic failure, before it is lack of performance, you need to stand on the wall and find the symbiotic relationship between the two and when you do, you get a performance that you wouldn't expect. also, say they made it to its limitations, and something goes wrong and it blows up... they are in trouble... they dont tell you the full limitations, they tell you what they want you to hear. if you limit yourself by what people tell you... then how in the world are we going to move forward?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

MySpree wrote:... i dont appreciate being called a liar, you dont know me, or what i have done, or the things i have created... your the kind of person that says i spree cant go 45 with a stock sized piston and no variator... you cant limit yourself just because people say its impossible, flight was impossible, electricity was impossible, space travel was impossible, and getting sick meant you were possessed by the devil... and the reason they use a Minarelli engine is for alot more reasons then just a bore kit my Friend. Are you next going to tell me that a 95 dodge avenger can never have all wheel drive? or maybe that the earth is flat... becuase we "knew" it was flat... people are so set that they know everything and if anyone says anything to the contrary its impossible! while the elite engine is a good engine, its not the best, at all and the minarelli engine is far better... now, the cylinder does not have a rev limit my friend, its what it allows it to go to with the set circumstances, you change the circumstances and you get different results. example, dieseling, when a spree for instance starts dieseling, it goes so far above the rev " limit " that you can pull the spark plug wire off and it will still run on just compression and gas alone, and an rpm that you would swear was a gsxr. and while yes dieseling can damage an engine, if tuned properly, it will last. and for your last comment about consulting for r and d, first off, not everyone gets the chance to show what they can do, i could put my life on the fact that there are people out there getting payed 7.40 an hour that know far more then the guys making 30 an hour... with that said, they have to come out with a good product that works on every moped, because no elite is the same as another, not at all. so they put a leway into it, that leway takes away from performance and also makes it so it hits a proverbial wall... over the wall is catastrophic failure, before it is lack of performance, you need to stand on the wall and find the symbiotic relationship between the two and when you do, you get a performance that you wouldn't expect. also, say they made it to its limitations, and something goes wrong and it blows up... they are in trouble... they dont tell you the full limitations, they tell you what they want you to hear. if you limit yourself by what people tell you... then how in the world are we going to move forward?
Baka has earned the respect of everyone on this forum. He races and wins and it is provable by the racing association records. He also works on scooters for a living. If he calls BS on you then it is you are BSing. I love these crazy assed speed claims with no proof. No GPS reading an no witnesses.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Blah blah blah blah blah. forum bs until proven.so your honestly going to tell everyone on here that you made a non ported contessa to go faster than 73mph? if thats the case then you better get on the phone with polini so they can race your motor on the race circuit instead of their minarelli motors in the sport class.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r