Wow has it been a while! wanna make a gyro faster?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Wow has it been a while! wanna make a gyro faster?

Post by eliteguy50 »

How well does that pipe work on a stock gyros s?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

Testing it on a stock bike today, ill let you know the results.
motormike

Post by motormike »

tazland001 wrote:Thats what you need mike is a bored gyro 44 and a good port job.

Taz
.....okay taz....good idea....I'll take two.... :thumbwink: :thumbwink:
MySpree wrote:mods for the gyro that people could buy...... I have some other things in the works, .....first Honda gyro...( expansion chamber )....very very noticeable power and acceleration....it also has quite a * off sound to it. :twisted: ....... im going to make the full bend nice and smooth... heat wrap...nothing gets melted.
.....okay MySpree....good idea....I'll take two.... :thumbwink: :thumbwink: ....and throw in some extra pizzed-off sound.. :twisted: :twisted: .....please buff mine to a BLINDING finish, no wrap required... 8) ....
Last edited by motormike on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

:*: d*** I like that muffler. Were did you get that thing?? I want one :ndance:

Taz
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Price?
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Interesting pipe there :thumbwink: Looking forwards to results after tuning.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Can we please get some updates on this pipe?? :love:

Taz
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

alright, tested on a stock bike i was able to get 3 mph top end, and the massive power and accel from the first test is still there. so this is looking good, i believe once i smooth it out a bit it will preform a tad bit better. retail will be between 250-300 dollars if all goes to plan. im also going to start production on a speed pipe. also there will be some things coming up to make her breath better, carb, intake, velocity stack... and i would love to see the effects of a blast box on these small engines... ill try and keep you all updated to the best of my abilities.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Did you hand make this muffler and will you be making them to order? What are your plans with an intake. Are you planning on a PWK style carb? I have an elite sr carb on my Gyro and it seems to work better than the stock gyro carb but if you could make an adapter plate for the ct intake that would be great.

Motormike Gyro performance parts must be a dream for you.

Taz
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

No offense, but $300 seems to be over priced for a pipe that's not made by a top manufacturer...

For that price I would need to see proof and not just your word!!!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

As far as I'm concerned big names don't mean anything,its the quality and time it takes that depicts the price, besides I could be considered a name. just because I stopped making parts for sprees years ago doesn't mean that I still can't. Besides.... Who do you think makes the relocation brackets for the procharger kit on new camaros... Or zc underdrive pullies... Or the hand made quad turbo exhaust manjfolds for the saleen s7 kit... :) this was hacked together in my home garage... Final product would be mandrel bent, smooth, and tigged.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

This is something im playing with for * and giggles.. Ill make 10, and that will be it. And if you think 300 is alot then never buy.a vr4 700 for used foggy headlights.
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

All I'm saying is that for the $300 price tag I'd like to see some proof that it works and not only looks cool, ya dig?
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

hay MySpree i here you saying all the good you have done
Who do you think makes the relocation brackets for the procharger kit on new camaros... Or zc underdrive pullies... Or the hand made quad turbo exhaust manjfolds for the saleen s7 kit... this was hacked together in my home garage... Final product would be mandrel bent, smooth, and tigged.!!

im sure that the parts you came up with were put on a dino to test how well thay did .. and when thay said at xxxx rpm it had xxx hp and the rpm max out at xxxx ... this is not just chrome stock parts this a part thats you say helps in power (tork or hp ) and top speed..
was able to get 3 mph top end, and the massive power and accel from the first test
its not a valve cover its a pipe ...

im not saying it dont but mi 52 and seen a lot of stuff on tv that dont work at my house ???
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

swimmingfree wrote:hay MySpree i here you saying all the good you have done
Who do you think makes the relocation brackets for the procharger kit on new camaros... Or zc underdrive pullies... Or the hand made quad turbo exhaust manjfolds for the saleen s7 kit... this was hacked together in my home garage... Final product would be mandrel bent, smooth, and tigged.!!
sounds like he felt insulted nothing more then that...no one likes when there work is picked apart...
im sure that the parts you came up with were put on a dino to test how well thay did .. and when thay said at xxxx rpm it had xxx hp and the rpm max out at xxxx ... this is not just chrome stock parts this a part thats you say helps in power (tork or hp ) and top speed..
What is sounds like is its still in testing and he is just sharing what results he came up with..
was able to get 3 mph top end, and the massive power and accel from the first test
its not a valve cover its a pipe ...
This confused me, but if i had this pipe and put it on a stock spree and it made a big difference on the bottom end and gave me 3 mph i would buy one... even if it was chorme and flashy...
im not saying it dont but mi 52 and seen a lot of stuff on tv that dont work at my house ???
swimmingfree

I sure he will be able to find a way to prove it to us... just give him time... plus from what i have seen/read he is an O.G. in spree mods....
and yes i know this pipe is for the gyro not the spree...