Wow has it been a while! wanna make a gyro faster?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: Wow has it been a while! wanna make a gyro faster?

Post by motormike »

DaylightDies wrote: 90's Jogs, Dios, Ruckus, and Zuma sell for $14,000 out here in Japan. No joke from a used dealership with a warrenty. It is rediculously expensive.
...14 grand :?: ...for a scooter :?: ...you're right, NOT funny...not even believable... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: <<<<triple crazy
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Papa Pete
Noob
Noob

Post by Papa Pete »

New to scooters, but old to riding anything with a motor that been modded. Had a gyro now sitting in the shed for three years that half * runs. When it wants to that is. So I started palying with and found the compression was weak. Searched the webb for weeks and found my way here. Really need a piston and rings to bore this thing jsut so it will run again. The crazy mods can come later. So who can hook me up?
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Welcome papa Pete.

Have you tried the dealer?
motormike

Post by motormike »

Greetings Papa Pete... :hi:
Start your quest for Gyro piston/parts by posting your own thread instead of tagging on the tail of this one...you will have better help that way. You will want to get advice from mousewheels and/or tazland001 with this gyro topend build. "taz", as we call him, may have a 44mm piston set-up that will do you well for this job. What you need will depend somewhat on the condition of your cylinder. Get it apart, take some pix, and post your findings for us to see. Some day I will need to copy your build as I have 3 gyros as well. Welcome to the board sir, and I hope it serves you well... :thumbwink:
RideRed
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Can't one of the Aero 50 pistons be used as a stock high compression replacement?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Papa Pete
Noob
Noob

Post by Papa Pete »

I have not found any piston available for the Gyro from Honda or anywhere else, so that's why I jumped in here. The topic is wanna make gyro faster? I figure why watse time hunting for stock when I can mod it up with the info from this thread. :b2t:
motormike

Post by motormike »

motormike wrote:Greetings Papa Pete... :hi:
Start your quest for Gyro piston/parts by posting your own thread instead of tagging on the tail of this one...you will have better help that way. You will want to get advice from mousewheels and/or tazland001 with this gyro topend build. "taz", as we call him, may have a 44mm piston set-up that will do you well for this job. What you need will depend somewhat on the condition of your cylinder. Get it apart, take some pix, and post your findings for us to see. Some day I will need to copy your build as I have 3 gyros as well. Welcome to the board sir, and I hope it serves you well... :thumbwink:
Post a Want-to-buy ad...that will get the attention of someone who can supply your part... :hi:
RideRed
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

I have not found any piston available for the Gyro from Honda or anywhere else, so that's why I jumped in here
-- Stock replacement parts --
Link to Wiki topic with Gyro info.

-- Gyro pipe --
elitedio wrote:Did you [ed: Myspree] make it from scratch or adapt it from something else. It looks vaguely familiar.
Only MySpree knows what he did, and may someday tell. A GoPed pipe pipe experiment in MS Paint has some resemblance.
Attachments
Go_Ped_Mods.JPG
Go_Ped_Mods.JPG (32.55 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I will have the 44mm piston kits in a month :hi:

Taz
westy_ca
Goped
Goped

Post by westy_ca »

Thanks for the interesting read.... Ive got a 84 gyro too... whats the first thing youd do to it to get some extra power outta it? Have you still those over size pistons?

Brian