New member wants a few more MPH

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

WilliamK
Goped
Goped

New member wants a few more MPH

Post by WilliamK »

Hello all. I own a 95 SA50P. It ran like * but thanks to this board, I have it up and running fairly good. I can get it up to around 27mph. I would like around 40-45max. Where would you suggest the best starting point would be. I want to keep it sounding and looking the same yet a little extra gitty-up.

Thanx for the help...will post a pic as soon as I find a way to reduce file size.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: New member wants a few more MPH

Post by eliteguy50 »

WilliamK wrote:Hello all. I own a 95 SA50P. It ran like * but thanks to this board, I have it up and running fairly good. I can get it up to around 27mph. I would like around 40-45max. Where would you suggest the best starting point would be. I want to keep it sounding and looking the same yet a little extra gitty-up.

Thanx for the help...will post a pic as soon as I find a way to reduce e size.
I use imageshack.us or photobucket.com for reducing image sizes. you want the sa50p restriction thread. it will walk you through the variation. the jet and pipe. the oil and airbus mod that will get you solid upper 30s top speeds and low 40s with a performance variator.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

53mph stock derestricted only if you do it the right way :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

27mph is still slow for that model. How many miles you got on it?

Taz
Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

Post by Pierce ramsay »

9.1 gears should help a ton.
get the head milled down 10,000th of inch
up jet 85-88 should be nice
aftermarket air filter or open up the stock one more
exhaust either drilled out or a new slightly larger performance one but the stock is fine if you drill/dremmel out the washer welded into it. se where that gets you.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Like I said 27 sounds pretty slow. See if the restrictors are removed. If the restrictors are removed and it has high mileage then it is other issues such as worn belt, carbon build up , ect, ect.

Taz
WilliamK
Goped
Goped

Post by WilliamK »

Thanks for all the info. With winter here, I'm starting to tear into this scooter. Odometer has rolled over so I know there are allot of miles on it. Having a blast working on it. Just wish the shop was a little warmer.
Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

Post by Pierce ramsay »

WilliamK wrote:Thanks for all the info. With winter here, I'm starting to tear into this scooter. Odometer has rolled over so I know there are allot of miles on it. Having a blast working on it. Just wish the shop was a little warmer.
i know how you feel. I wish i could heat my garage with out spendin lots of $$$$$$ :( its ok though i really enjoy working on these little engines so its all worth it :)
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

wood heat is really cheap :P we go to the local sawmill and get the leftovers
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
WilliamK
Goped
Goped

Post by WilliamK »

I have a Kerosene heater but still not enough. Started the teardown this evening. Exaust has been opened up and cleaned out. I'm just learning about this scooter and it's my first. I got interupted with someone that has a Phantom and thinks I know everything...lol He has a frozen variator...locked up...

Again, I want to thank everyone on the board for all their help.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

I have been keeping a toolbox in my closet for scooter work. It is amazing the difference that warm tools make in a cold environment. I guess that just comes with getting older.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

I dont think it has much to do with getting older its just the smart thing to do :D If I have motor work to do in the winter I leave my toolbox in the house and work on my motors in the floor.
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I hear that. A warm garage sounds nice. I have a fire place in my garage but it to close to the wall and it takes forever to warm the shop. My tools are also in shop and I just freeze my * off when I have to work on stuff in the winter. Winter sucks.

Its good you are learning. You are in the right place. :thumbwink:

Taz
WilliamK
Goped
Goped

Post by WilliamK »

My project for the winter. Can't wait for the spring :geekdance:
Attachments
scooter.jpg
scooter.jpg (42.63 KiB) Viewed 5469 times
Skipper20
Goped
Goped

Post by Skipper20 »

tazland001 wrote:I hear that. A warm garage sounds nice. I have a fire place in my garage but it to close to the wall and it takes forever to warm the shop. My tools are also in shop and I just freeze my * off when I have to work on stuff in the winter. Winter sucks.
Taz
It's cold here in Seattle too but probably not as cold as where some of you are. My garage is unheated so I've been thinking about bringing my SE50 Elite inside to work on it. I have a folding MC/scooter ramp that would work OK on my front porch steps and the scooter is narrow enough to fit through the front door. I could put a tarp down in one corner of my living room so the carpet would be protected against any oil spills. My wife "graduated" from this life about 3 years ago so there's just me and one of my sons living in the house. Have any of you brought your work inside like I'm thinking about doing?

Bill in Seattle :coolcruise:
'87 SE50 Elite
'86 CH150D Elite
'87 Helix 250
'02 Reflex 250