BBK problem

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311
Goped
Goped

BBK problem

Post by ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311 »

Okay so i got the NIKASIL BBK for my 01 elite sr. And apon putting the piston onto the rod and putting it together the motor wouldnt turn over. After further inspection i relized that the bottom of the piston skirt is hitting on the crank causing it to stop. Everything fits on it and i dont have any other problems but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Maybe the seller gave me the wrong piston?
-90mph, 50mpg, still laughing?-
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Re: BBK problem

Post by maddog »

What size bore kit, anything larger than a 44.7mm on the crank and the cases need to get milled, you can cut the piston skirts= more psi.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311
Goped
Goped

apparently its a 49mm bore but why does it need to get milled. the cylinder fits on fine. Tomorrow morning im going to mill the skirts down. Im milling them to be the same size as the stock piston. then tomorrow ill have this beast finally running.
ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311
Goped
Goped

Sanded the piston this morning. took off about an 1/8 inch okk the bottom of the piston skirt and now it is the same clearence as the stock piston. Well i got her put back together and she runs now. Just idling at te moment
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

did you chamfer the edges of the skirt after you cut it? if not the sharp edges can act as a squeegie and scrap all the oil off hte sides of the cylinder wall causing it to seize FYI
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311
Goped
Goped

Yes i did
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311 wrote:Okay so i got the NIKASIL BBK for my 01 elite sr. And apon putting the piston onto the rod and putting it together the motor wouldnt turn over. After further inspection i relized that the bottom of the piston skirt is hitting on the crank causing it to stop. Everything fits on it and i dont have any other problems but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Maybe the seller gave me the wrong piston?
What are you doing 90 on and getting 50mpg? Also the piston should not be hitting the crank like that if its stock crank
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311
Goped
Goped

idk my signature is just a saying. But yes it was the stock crank. I have no clue what the deal was but it works now that i shaved 3/16 off the bottom of the skirt. I just have to finish putting her back together and i can ride her. With the 24mm carb it disabled the oil pump so i just pulled off all the houses and capped off the fittings on the pump and im going to tie the oil line into the gas line and just run premix in both tanks. Ill try to get pictures up as soon as i can but for some reason it keeps saying the file is to big?