drag style spree???

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

Thanks veedub... one more question

In your pictures it looks like all you do is:

1) Cut & Grind the motor hinge/mount until its narrow enough to fit in the frame

2) Cut the tounge off... why do you cut the tounge off, do you re-attach it again?

In the pictures you showed before, the metal tounge has been cut off just about the weld. So now there is nothing to stop the motor from going past xx rotation.

The motor can go as low as it wants, until the mount hits the bottom of the motor... if you hit a bump the motor would hit the motor mount pretty hard.

So how do you stop that from happening?
Have you welded the tounge back on in another position?

If you have more pictures showing how you guys do it it would be mint bro!

Cheers for the help
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

that's what the tongue is for,that's why you reuse it by shifting it over to recenter it into the frame
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

85stroka wrote:that's what the tongue is for,that's why you reuse it by shifting it over to recenter it into the frame
So after you removed the tounge, did you weld it back onto the engine mount in a different position, so it would fit into the frame properly?

Or did you weld the standard Spree tounge onto the Dio mount?

Sorry man, just trying to clearafy... if my custom mount doesnt work, I will get another Spree/Nifty-Fifty frame and do it like you did, but I need to know exactly how
diosoljah
Spree
Spree

Post by diosoljah »

Rabbi wrote:
85stroka wrote:that's what the tongue is for,that's why you reuse it by shifting it over to recenter it into the frame
So after you removed the tounge, did you weld it back onto the engine mount in a different position, so it would fit into the frame properly?

Or did you weld the standard Spree tounge onto the Dio mount?

Sorry man, just trying to clearafy... if my custom mount doesnt work, I will get another Spree/Nifty-Fifty frame and do it like you did, but I need to know exactly how
Rabbi, sorry couldnt get to ya sooner, Ill post some pics to help you on your transplant. Im building another spree now too, um if its not too much to ask, would you be able to get a rear fender mudflap/rear tail light assy like the one on your nifty fifty, if so Im really interesed, thank John
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

Hey bro,
Is this what you want?
I can get this one but it'll be $50 USD, let me know soon so I can buy it before it goes to someone else.
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

diosoljah, the auction for those tail lights ends tomorrow
diosoljah
Spree
Spree

Post by diosoljah »

sorry couldnt get to you sooner, I have all this holiday stress now, gifts, long lines, and inlaws, enough to make you mad....but yah those are the right ones, Ill take um pm me with all the details and Ill get to the pics as soon as I can...Happy Holidays LOL John
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

diosoljah wrote:sorry couldnt get to you sooner, I have all this holiday stress now, gifts, long lines, and inlaws, enough to make you mad....but yah those are the right ones, Ill take um pm me with all the details and Ill get to the pics as soon as I can...Happy Holidays LOL John
you have a PM
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

Rabbi wrote:Hey bro,
Is this what you want?
I can get this one but it'll be $50 USD, let me know soon so I can buy it before it goes to someone else.
I have those exact same one's
vuego100
Noob
Noob

sym dd50

Post by vuego100 »

I've got a set of sym dd50 forks on the way which im gona fit to my melody (uk version of aero/elite). Am I right in thinking i will need to remove the fork stem off the sym forks and fit the melody one to the tripple clamp? or will the sym fork stem fit in the frame so all I need to do is cut it down to fit the headset/handlebars?

any advice?
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

yes, either remove teh stems or find a way to enlarge the lower neck on the frame ,but even then the stem is shorter on the dd stem then the melody
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

m0murda wrote:how you managed to make an 85 stroka!? hahahahahahaha
85 aero + STROKA 102cc = 85stroka :D
Last edited by 85stroka on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

nah man the 80cc's are the bomb
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC