stretching elite-s

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

vette76
CB900F
CB900F

stretching elite-s

Post by vette76 »

i am in the process of adding 6" of engine mount, and am now curious, how i am going to stop, and go. my question is, if extended brake and throttle cables are available? will honda ruckus cables fit? more specifically the brake cable. throttle cable, may reach. i appreciate it.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Re: stretching elite-s

Post by Majourlittle »

I assume if that you are stretching the bike, it is because it has quite a few mods to it. With that said, you probably have an aftermarket carb? The OKO kits on ebay come with quite a long throttle cable and you should be good on that front.

The brake cable may be an issue. If you cant squeeze a few more inches out of it, you could go down to your local junkyard for a traditional part search.

If that is no good, There are a few people out there that can make custom length cables for $50 or so. I am sure that a google search will pull up any locals that can do that for you.

Else, involves making spacers and extending your current threaded shaft with a coupler nut and a bit if all thread. M6X1.00 is what you are shopping for. It worked for me on a small trial of a swap.

I think that we have some sort of depository of cable lengths on this site somewhere that might be helpful.

I am sure that there are others that will chime in that have done this. Good luck.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

vette76 wrote:i am in the process of adding 6" of engine mount, and am now curious, how i am going to stop, and go. my question is, if extended brake and throttle cables are available? will honda ruckus cables fit? more specifically the brake cable. throttle cable, may reach. i appreciate it.
I came across this site, but never used the products. Maybe you will get what you need here.
http://www.dratv.com/mayoowncuthc.html Best of luck.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
7m-iata
Goped
Goped

Post by 7m-iata »

Most if not ALL brake cable will have the correct end on it for you to use as long as it has rear drum brakes. I pulled my cable , 18" longer than stock honda, off of a chinese full size scooter with a long case 150 out at the junkyard. and for my throttle cable, I used the cable from my stock throttle up to where it splits to 2 cables, removed the oil pump cable and used the stock JOG cable which was also about 18" longer than stock, and had the correct ends on it
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

We are always on the search for cables to add to the 'wiki' Anyone finding useful cables for 'stretch' mods please post dimensions or pm mousewheels with info. :thumbsup:

Link to current info - so far limited to stock Honda's
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

Any big-city motorcycle repair shop can make custom cables. They do it all the time since cables for older bikes are often out-of-production
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

fyi, i ended up risking it, and buying an extended ruckus rear cable. they are easy to find, cheap ($20) and come in different lengths. i ordered an 81". they messed up, and sent me an 85" a bit too long for my 7.5" stretch, but i just hid the extra behind the front cover. just re-use your drum barrel.

Mousewheels- i did not measure the critical areas. i just saw your post today.
i can tell you that the drum barrel is too small supplied with the ruckus cable.
the cable sheath stop at the lever is a bit too small as well, but the brake springs do a nice job of holding it properly. i see no reason not to use it and it not being reliable. its a cheap cable, but they do offer $60 cables as well. i bought a cheap one incase it didnt fit.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx