Time sensitive help needed AF05E build

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Mjh787s
Goped
Goped

Time sensitive help needed AF05E build

Post by Mjh787s »

I have another post that you guys have been helping with. from your guys help, i am pretty sure i am in the need of the below parts. My bike is an 87 Elite 50 with the SE50.
My Goal is 40 mph or more and 35 mph up slight hills and inclines. i weigh 250.

It looks like I will now be using the Elite to commute 9 miles each way from Tigard OR to Wilsonville OR.

I don't have the time to wait until I can get a compression tester from O'r , and I don't want to waste 40 bones buying one. Knowing that I now need the bike to perform the way I have been reaching for in this post, I have the following list of parts that I will be buying tomorrow if you guys agree.

1) CMR BBK 63cc - VT Cycles
2) 15% Center Clutch Spring ( I weigh 250) - VT Cycles
3) Keli Variator + 6 9g Rollers - Daywot
4) Clutch Springs ( 1k-4k) - Daywot
5) Daytona Jet Kit (85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110)- Daywot
6) UNI Pod Filter - any online retailer

I will also be performing the following tasks
1) Chemical de-carbonization of exhaust
2) Carb dissasembly and cleaning

That being said, is this a good group of parts? Do you believe they are the right combination to get me up to speed, possibly even exceed my goals? The current engine is a complete DOG, and cannot really even attempt hills over 15mph, a slight decrease from last week by about 2mph.

Is the center spring neccesary? I know you indicated that it is not an easy job, but is it something worth doing?

Are the 6 9g rollers a good fit? Does Daywot allow you to choose rollers when buying a Keli Variator? If so, is there a better gram weight you would suggest?

When tuning the carb with the above listed parts, do you recommend starting with a #90 jet or #95 and then adjusting the needle clip? Then do plug chops until the mix is just right?

I know this was lengthy, But I would like some feedback on my parts selection.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Time sensitive help needed AF05E build

Post by paulpauly7 »

leave the stock air box on dont use that pod filter it will lean out the pilot circut which you cant change the jet in and also get a new honda drive belt
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Mjh787s
Goped
Goped

Post by Mjh787s »

Looks like stock filter stays, I will be cleaning it out as per wikispreedia
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Paying close attention to this Forum since 2008, I have yet to read anyone posting up their experience with the CMR 46mm/63cc cylinder kit from VT. VT Cycles are nice people and they sure are handy if you seek Aftermarket parts, but I don't know if anyone can vouch for the quality of that particular cylinder. Generally stuff from Asia has a greater degree of variation in terms of reliability, durability and performance. Of the 4 kits I got from Taiwan, only the Nikasil (For Dio-SA/16) was truly worth even the affordable low price I paid.

On the other hand, RedEftPerformance on this Forum has a kit from Malossi that fits your engine. Maybe not much more outlay than the CMR? I have owned one, and was very pleased both with its performance and toughness. Proceed as you deem fit.

The rest of your questions are impossible to answer. Direct observation of trial-and-error will determine what gram weight rollers will work on your build, and what jet you need in your carb. 6.9 might be perfect, but you may need 5s and you may need 9s. It's a good idea to get 'em all with your order, and the cheap way to do that is with the commercial "Tuning" roller sets from 3 to 15 or whatever. Yeah, they're cheap and will wear out quickly, but once you determine the load that works best, you shop for a quality set of that same weight to run "permanently". Or at least until you change something else...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Mjh787s
Goped
Goped

Post by Mjh787s »

I have sent a pm to red eft,

He is also selling a malossi variator with 7 gram weights and a center spring.

Anyone have an opinion of malossi vs keli for the variator?

Red's prices are right on, so this may be a good path.
Mjh787s
Goped
Goped

Post by Mjh787s »

Pm to red is sitting in outbox, not in sent messages. I hope he got it, in outlook, if it is in outbox, it hasn't sent.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Unlike some of us, RedEft has better things to do than hang around looking at HondaSpree.net all day. He'll answer by and by. The Keli's a pretty good variator for the money, but not so great with the stock ramp plate. Ironically it really works best with the Malossi ramp plate in my experience with a modded Aero 65. (Flash I). The Malossi vario doesn't necessarily work much better, but is likely to be of better quality and more durable. Alternatively a bigger "for-Ruckus" variator will give your mighty 65cc big-bore longer legs. You're gonna need 'em.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Mjh787s
Goped
Goped

Post by Mjh787s »

Looking at buying a ruckus vari, I think you are right about the legs.

Does the message sit in outbox until seen by the user? Then , once seen, it is in sent messages?

I am a bit concerned about the malossi jug, with my stock head, will my compression be too high?
motormike

Post by motormike »

Mjh787s wrote: Does the message sit in outbox until seen by the user? Then , once seen, it is in sent messages?
Yes, you are right.... :hi:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Mjh787s
Goped
Goped

Post by Mjh787s »

Thanks mike.

I have sourced a malossi head.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Start with big bore kit and variator. don't do it all at once, you just might like the setup.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

one other thing you may think about is a 90/90/10 or a 3.5 tire for the back tire you may need to grind the case to get it to fit..
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
Mjh787s
Goped
Goped

Post by Mjh787s »

Hey guys, you gotta love previous owners!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a 65cc BBK from Red Eft, and an aftermarket Ruckus Variator from Wheelman, very excited to get started, I hauled the bike down a flight of stairs and through the apartment, lined with towels, to the back porch, put up some old camping blankets over the railing to keep the apartment manager from freaking out, and got to work. Planned on taking things apart today, and installing the BBk tomorrow, as well as grinding down the starter housing so I can fit the 97mm Ruckus Variator. Imagine my surprise when this is what I found!

This is not good!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Sucks, dawg! Maybe someone can take pity on MJH and fish out a decent SE/05 crankshaft for a fair price? That outer sheave will probably have to be burned off the shaft.
Wheelman-111
Mjh787s
Goped
Goped

Post by Mjh787s »

Just picked this one up locally, no starter, don't know about Hendrix gear yet, kick start engages, mangled exhaust stud.