Malossi bore discussion - split from Builds forum

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Malossi bore discussion - split from Builds forum

Post by kingkamehameha »

Me and baka are both running that bore
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Flash 5 Rises Like a Phoenix from the Ashes of F3

Post by bakaracer »

You should have stayed with the corsa you had.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

You still using that adv pipe? Try another pipe on that same setup.. Wont say names but a member on here :wink: has the same bore and crank with a 26 oko and pg short and 8:44's and hit 66
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Alack, Baka-san, poor Corsa met its end inhaling the Mikuni E-clip. I thought a quieter, torquier Iron bore would be better around town and still eke out enough speed for the Deepinnaharta Freeway. Maybe not, but it's been fun trying. I may sell another organ and order up a PG Short and re-tune and deal with the volume. The take-off Lunge sure is fun.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Get the mhr it will be fun-er
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Alack, Baka-san, poor Corsa met its end inhaling the Mikuni E-clip. I thought a quieter, torquier Iron bore would be better around town and still eke out enough speed for the Deepinnaharta Freeway. Maybe not, but it's been fun trying. I may sell another organ and order up a PG Short and re-tune and deal with the volume. The take-off Lunge sure is fun.
Yea, I suspect the ADV pipe is holding your rpm down. Do you have a tach?
The PG short allows up to 10,770 rpm on my Malossi Iron cylinder, depending on the rollers and springs on the clutch shoes, with the top recorded speed at 66 mph(on the trailtech vapor correctly calibrated). Not as accurate as a gps but good enough for my r&d. Try some heavier clutch shoe springs. Even different brands' ratings can give some difference in performance. I'd try to get those rpm's up because the Iron cylinder makes best power starting at about 8000. You asked for personal experience, here it is. Take off rpm at about 8-9k with my set up now. I am still tuning also. I don't ride it that much, maybe 700 miles this year.
My jetting is readjusted for cooler weather here at 45/125, clip center slot, K44 needle in the OKO 26 with a K&N filter.
It sounds like your pipe is more low to mid-range design. Maybe order up a Scorpion 72, can't be any louder than the PG. You must have an extra kidney lying around somewhere? :P
Thanks for posting all your results here, and hope that this helps you alot. Happy Trails!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

bonesv wrote:

The PG short allows up to 10,770 rpm on my Malossi Iron cylinder, depending on the rollers and springs on the clutch shoes, with the top recorded speed at 66 mph(on the trailtech vapor correctly calibrated). Not as accurate as a gps but good enough for my r&d. Try some heavier clutch shoe springs. Even different brands' ratings can give some difference in performance. I'd try to get those rpm's up because the Iron cylinder makes best power starting at about 8000. You asked for personal experience, here it is. Take off rpm at about 8-9k with my set up now. I am still tuning also. I don't ride it that much, maybe 700 miles this year.
My jetting is readjusted for cooler weather here at 45/125, clip center slot, K44 needle in the OKO 26 with a K&N filter.
It sounds like your pipe is more low to mid-range design. Maybe order up a Scorpion 72, can't be any louder than the PG. You must have an extra kidney lying around somewhere? :P
Thanks for posting all your results here, and hope that this helps you alot. Happy Trails!
I call bs the cast cant revv up that high. The corsa and mhr are the only ones that can unless some major porting is done to the jug
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

kingkamehameha wrote:
bonesv wrote:

I call bs the cast cant revv up that high. The corsa and mhr are the only ones that can unless some major porting is done to the jug
Call it what you want, the trailtech vapor reads what it reads. Just reporting this info to help someone not to impress. It is possible that you have never had a set up such as mine so how can you say it is bs. Go on with your bad self. :lol:
Btw, mr king, let's not clutter up this guys nice thread with our OPINIONS. U feel me?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Its not opinion its fact! The bore simply cant revv past 8.5-9k without more agressive porting. Your tt must be off cause 10.5k is what a mhr is rated for. Its impossible impossible impossible even with a scorpian. By the way that exhaust is only good for high revving bores like a corsa or mhr the scorp wont do you anygood with this set up
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

kingkamehameha wrote:Its not opinion its fact! The bore simply cant revv past 8.5-9k without more agressive porting. Your tt must be off cause 10.5k is what a mhr is rated for. Its impossible impossible impossible even with a scorpian. By the way that exhaust is only good for high revving bores like a corsa or mhr the scorp wont do you anygood with this set up
You smoke too much. http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... 16&t=25565
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Lol you gotta love it.. "King" knows it all haha :bowrofl:
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Haha so you believe a website thats trying to sell you the bore. Wow! I wish that were tru or i wouldnt have went with a mhr. That rmp rating they put up is wrong thats the rating for a mhr. You guys are funny do some real research
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Downsouthdio wrote:Lol you gotta love it.. "King" knows it all haha :bowrofl:
Coming from the guy running stoker gears on his corsa haha
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

7.5's yup.. N ill fly right by ya.. Hee hee :*: .. Anyways wheelman.. Keep working on it, if you can try another pipe.. Give it a shot and good luck.. King you and baka constantly call peoples claims bs.. And this isnt true and that isnt true..your not the only one with a fast bike.. And is that all you have to say ? That im running stroker gears? You from hawaii right? Plenty peeps are running those tall gears on the 72..and baka said i would be lucky to get 55 out of my corsa ministroker.. He was wrong also.. Im not trying to be a smart * but you guys call people out way to much.. Tighten up man
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

Port jug lower compression and rpms with come up make what u have do what u want and yes it is possible and still reliable