aftermarket carb for stock bore?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

knucks
BMX
BMX

aftermarket carb for stock bore?

Post by knucks »

Hey guys, I'm new here, been lurking and bothering Wheelman via PMs..

Anywho, I've got an SA50P that I've de-restricted. I have a bunch of parts coming for it, but planning things in regards to carb.

I've got Steve sending me a Metrakit Exhaust chamber pipe and some jets for the stock carb...

Right now I've got the stock carb and worried about temps at idle when coming off throttle, so I figure I should look into a carb that I can adjust the slow jets on.

Wheelman suggested I look into the Arreche, but those seem to be a bit difficult to get, and not sure it's worth the trouble.

I guess my question is: Do I go with a 19mm OKO with the CT manifold? It may be a bit too much for the stock bore, but I don't know if it's worth it to look for a carb that fits the stock intake.

Price wise, I'd be looking at the CT+OKO19+MAIN+SLOW..so ~$148 pre-shipping at Treatland, and then I still need an air filter (pod?) and a throttle cable?

I figure if I do end up going with a BBK later, the Nikasil seems like it'd be a good choice for me, and the 19 would work well for it..

Thoughts?
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: aftermarket carb for stock bore?

Post by evilone »

knucks wrote:Right now I've got the stock carb and worried about temps at idle when coming off throttle
Why jump the gun and ordering a bunch of parts? I'd get a temp gauge. You'll want one in the long run anyways.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Ct/19mm on the stock bore is just to much..if your trying to go a tad bit faster just put a keli vari and some 9 to 1's..couple peeps around here are running stock bore tecnigas pipe and areeche.. But with stock cylinder its just making noise really,, and is a pain to get running without drowning with fuel
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Also, can you post a pic of that metrakit pipe
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
knucks
BMX
BMX

Post by knucks »

Like I said, just worried about temp spikes when off throttle, but Wheelman did say I can adjust the needle or even the air/fuel screw to richen it a bit..I do a lot of city riding so definitely lots of stops and red lights.

I worked on the elite today. Got a Keli variator in it and removed the oil pump, put in a plug. It's been in my father's garage so I've been wrenching every weekend. It's been low on gas and it's officially winter in Michigan... :/

Pipe isn't on yet, right now it's stock as far as intake, carb, exhaust goes. Maybe running a bit lean with a #78..bogs off idle then is fine. Had some issues getting the idle speed set..

Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Wowwww so is that for a af16e?? Nice pipe!
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
knucks
BMX
BMX

Post by knucks »

yeah, its for a dio/kymco..

Steve's sending me a #90 and a #95 so I will try the 95 first and see how it goes. He said I may need to put holes in the airbox but I'll try it with the stock first.
knucks
BMX
BMX

Post by knucks »

What can this intake be used with?

What about this adapter?

knucks
BMX
BMX

Post by knucks »

And what about this other OKO intake that Treatland sells?

patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

knucks wrote:What can this intake be used with?

What about this adapter?

That top intake tube is for a dellorto phbg or similar size carb inlet, I have one of those on the way to try with an adapter on my spree and see if it fits. I really think the base of it is a ct intake. I'm gonna find out soon I hope. Benji got it shipped out fast then the USPS dropped the ball on it and it sat for over a week in California. I'll report on it when it arrives. In the same shipment I have some jets for my taz intake and 21mm carb, I'm going to try it on my stock spree bore with the new pipe to see what happens. And I'm going to try the 19mm dellorto with that intake tube as well. I know the spree is no where the same as your scooter but it might tell what's going to happen with a pipe, stock bore and a bigger carb to help the pipe work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by patthesoundguy on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Is that Steve of VTCycles? Tell him I've been trying to buy from him all week - no callbacks.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Wheelman he was writing back thru emails with me and mentioned that he messed his back up,, maybe thats the reason
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
knucks
BMX
BMX

Post by knucks »

Yes, Steve of VTCycles. And yes, he's gotten injured. I'm going to try to help him with his injuries, I happen to be quite good and fitness things :)
knucks
BMX
BMX

Post by knucks »

patthesoundguy wrote:
knucks wrote:What can this intake be used with?

What about this adapter?

That top intake tube is for a dellorto phbg or similar size carb inlet, I have one of those on the way to try with an adapter on my spree and see if it fits. I really think the base of it is a ct intake. I'm gonna find out soon I hope. Benji got it shipped out fast then the USPS dropped the ball on it and it sat for over a week in California. I'll report on it when it arrives. In the same shipment I have some jets for my taz intake and 21mm carb, I'm going to try it on my stock spree bore with the new pipe to see what happens. And I'm going to try the 19mm dellorto with that intake tube as well. I know the spree is no where the same as your scooter but it might tell what's going to happen with a pipe, stock bore and a bigger carb to help the pipe work.

Cool man, sounds great! I hear the dellorto is a good carb so it might be worth while..

The bottom one I'd imagine is an adapter to use with intake's meant for PHBG - so like the Mikuni flange can be used with that adapter looks like..

I think I will be selling my Ruckus tonight so I'm going to have quite some more money for this build and maybe another. might try to pick up a Spree or another Elite for my girl too..

I need plastics for my Elite. All of mine but 1 side one are broken.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Its the same as the ct intake base, for sure. It fits the adapter plate perfect so it should bolt on to an sa50. Can't wait to try it.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock