SPREE TUNING

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Re: SPREE TUNING

Post by abreen89 »

patthesoundguy wrote:Take a look at where the white porcelain bottoms out in side the plug That is where you read the plug

Sent from my LG-C800G using Tapatalk 2
base of the porcelin looks white.
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

patthesoundguy wrote:Yeah I wouldn't go for below 92 for a main if its that white And yes I would be looking at the pilot jet But after you get the top end dialed in better maybe

like i said im running a 90 Main right now. and im running a 40 pilot the only other pilot i have is a 35 and a 42.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Yeah I go up jet the main a bunch it sound pretty lean if the entire electrode porcelain is all white. then mess with the pilot and get it dialed in. Up jet the pilot to the biggest one you have then see what it does

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I'm gonna be doing the exact same thing with my spree in a month or two, getting a new carb set up and dialed in.

84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

i did run it with the biggest jets i had in it it ruan worse then it does now.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

If it runs worse with the largest pilot jet in it and its not that much larger than what you have in it now then you can prob down jet the pilot jet.

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Ive gone through this process with my express, i know your pain

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

lol i know ill play around with it and report back.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

You should have let me know you were having issues.

First, get the bike running on the stock muffler. Then swap on the pipe. The pipe's design will work fine with whatever jetting / intake combination that you get to work with the rest of the engine with the stock pipe.

The lengths on the pipe are correct for the design; reconfiguring the chamber internals might help, but frankly I wouldn't mess with it until you get the rest of the engine sorted out.

As for whether you're rich or lean... don't know. I typically just tuned at WOT, and set the main jet. If the bike won't get to speed it's typically lean, and if it 4-stokes and vibrates it's rich. Frankly, there are enough folks that have done this work that there should be a known setup that works. Have you tried that?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

noiseguy wrote:You should have let me know you were having issues.

First, get the bike running on the stock muffler. Then swap on the pipe. The pipe's design will work fine with whatever jetting / intake combination that you get to work with the rest of the engine with the stock pipe.

The lengths on the pipe are correct for the design; reconfiguring the chamber internals might help, but frankly I wouldn't mess with it until you get the rest of the engine sorted out.

As for whether you're rich or lean... don't know. I typically just tuned at WOT, and set the main jet. If the bike won't get to speed it's typically lean, and if it 4-stokes and vibrates it's rich. Frankly, there are enough folks that have done this work that there should be a known setup that works. Have you tried that?
Im running a fresh tazz bbk so i need to break it in a little before i start running WOT. I dont know of anyone running this setup with your pipe and my carb. Right now it feels like it getting to speed but slow getting there smokes like crazy (but i am running alot of extra oil for break in). Im almost positive im running rich but im picking up some new plugs tomorow and will check them out hopefully this weekend.The rainy state in spring is not scooter savvy.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

So there's no experience running that carb with Taz's kit? Any chance you're overcarbureted? What happens if you run too large of a carb is that at low RPMs, the engine can't develop enough air velocity through the carb to properly atomize the fuel.

At 1/4 throttle, it's going to take a long time to get anywhere. At 1/4 throttle, carburetion is controlled pilot and needle... you haven't even gotten into the main jet yet.

Consider going back to stock carb and airbox, set to the fatter jetting, and see if that improves things. You can do a lot with the stock carb in terms of opening up airflow... though not sure where folks landed on modifying the pilot circuit on these.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

I dont think im overcarburated there are people who run 21 and 24 carbs on this similar set up ive tuned this carb to this similar setup before just cant remember what jets. i have the ct intake and everything so going back to the original setup would be like 10 steps backwards.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Didnt you get that carb off bear? Sometimes certain carbs just dont work on all applications. This might be one of them. That is why I stick with the pwk carbs because they work. I also found your engine mount yesterday when I was working on my honda pal.

And like Pat said we all go through this.

Bro those aero 50's you found are nice. I had one when I was kid back in the 80's. I loooved that scooter. Looks just like your black and red one. I would leave them stock. they are allready fast. Back in the day no one could touch my aero50. Good thing I never came across a jog back then. loll
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I can't wait to try my pwk carb its on the bench now with the two jet kits next to it waiting to get installed when I have some time this week or next when the snowboard season is totally done:-)

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

tazland001 wrote:Didnt you get that carb off bear? Sometimes certain carbs just dont work on all applications. This might be one of them. That is why I stick with the pwk carbs because they work. I also found your engine mount yesterday when I was working on my honda pal.

And like Pat said we all go through this.

Bro those aero 50's you found are nice. I had one when I was kid back in the 80's. I loooved that scooter. Looks just like your black and red one. I would leave them stock. they are allready fast. Back in the day no one could touch my aero50. Good thing I never came across a jog back then. loll
yes the carb is from bear. It worked with the last bbk u sent me. I dont know ill just keep messinf with it slowly if i dont get any results ill think about getting a pwk, I just like it because if its electric choke and small size. Yea im pretty excited about the aero's the red and black one seems to go just a little faster then the white one. But i will probably keep them stock they are pretty cool.