Best Performance pipe for Corsa

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Best Performance pipe for Corsa

Post by burnt_toast »

Hey guys, just a heads up I've been out the scooter loop for a while.

I'm currently running a YMS street pipe with a Corsa, stock stroke, 9:1gears and 21mm OKO setup on my 98 Yellow Elite S. After years, many miles and smiles with the YMS pipe I am finally bored with this setup and want to open up the Corsa's true potential. :twisted: I've had great success pulling power out of a Corsa with 28mm OKO and PG Long, but for this setup I'd like to stick with the 21.

What's the best pipe out there now for the Corsa? Is PG Long still best bang for the buck and does VT Cycles still carry it?

I think the Arrow pipes where the holy grail back in the day, but nowadays fetch too much money for it to be an option..

Bottom line:
what do you think is best peak-power pipe for a stock stroke, small carb, Corsa setup? :?:
projects galore :nerd:
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Best Performance pipe for Corsa

Post by bakaracer »

the scorpion pipe maxes out the bores full potential. and a arrow pipe is way to much money. so is a windjammer. pg long bang for the buck is still tops. but for another $50 you can get a scorpion
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
solitaire1
Noob
Noob

Post by solitaire1 »

How about arrow copy pipe ? Not cost as much as a real arrow.
dv/dt
Spree
Spree

Post by dv/dt »

Since it's been mentioned, how much "better" is the scorpion than say a PG short? I'm going to assume its a louder, more high rpm focused pipe?
2000 Elite: oko 24 (45/135), corsa, pg short, keli vari, 8.44 secondaries = 71mph gps
1995 Jog
2004 Malaguti F15
2007 Ducati Monster S4r
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Lets just say Money is no object.

Which pipe is best for the corsa?

A) SEF Black

B) Scorpion

C) Arrow
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
dv/dt
Spree
Spree

Post by dv/dt »

jacknbs wrote:here's one question. what rpm range is the corsa good for, in good condition,
Depends on the pipe man! Its all about the magical resonance rpm range of whatever pipe you've chosen. With my pg short it feels like it pulls best around 10k.
2000 Elite: oko 24 (45/135), corsa, pg short, keli vari, 8.44 secondaries = 71mph gps
1995 Jog
2004 Malaguti F15
2007 Ducati Monster S4r
Meejacob
Spree
Spree

Post by Meejacob »

Arrow Pipe. If you cant afford one then a Scorpion will be G also. if you can get your hands on one then a 1st gen would be cherry
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

bakaracer wrote:the scorpion pipe maxes out the bores full potential. and a arrow pipe is way to much money. so is a windjammer. pg long bang for the buck is still tops. but for another $50 you can get a scorpion
Is there any shop that still carries the scorpion pipes for sale? Or do I have to just look to the used market? Spending another $50 would be totally justified for sure if it maxes out the Corsa's performance, and I'd really like to find one.

And how well do you think the scorpion pipe would work with 21mm carb, undercarbed or well matched?

dv/dt,
very nice results in your sig! same that I was able to get with 28 OKO & PG Long, albeit lower mpg I bet lol
dv/dt
Spree
Spree

Post by dv/dt »

burnt_toast wrote: dv/dt,
very nice results in your sig! same that I was able to get with 28 OKO & PG Long, albeit lower mpg I bet lol
Thanks man! Pretty sure i read a ton of old posts by you and bakaracer to get me to that point! It can't really sustain that speed though because it heats up too much. I bolted the corsa on straight out of the box so the compression is high, hence the heat.
1995 Jog
2004 Malaguti F15
2007 Ducati Monster S4r
kauaikai
BMX
BMX

Post by kauaikai »

SCORPION
sym dd50
corsa scorp
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

dv/dt wrote:
burnt_toast wrote: dv/dt,
Thanks man! Pretty sure i read a ton of old posts by you and bakaracer to get me to that point! It can't really sustain that speed though because it heats up too much. I bolted the corsa on straight out of the box so the compression is high, hence the heat.
either up the octane fuel or lower the compression.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

bakaracer wrote:[either up the octane fuel or lower the compression.
^this.

And I'd fine tune jetting some more, maybe richer main then leaner needle and pilot. Tooks lots of trial and error with red SR and 28oko, once dialed it could sustain flat out speeds and hold comfortable temps w/out overheating.

dont know if your airshroud is gutted, but I'd def recommend that too. very easy mod for more cooling.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

So about to take the plunge on a "newer gen" Scorpion pipe. How much different is this "newer" Scorpion that the original 1st gen pipes?

Is it a significant difference in power/sound/quality? Or just different design somehow
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

tru72 told me the newer gen pipe was all topend and is made to suit 72cc up to 90cc.The old gen pipe which i have has ok bottom end awesome mid and awesome topend .Oh and its loud
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Wind jammer if money is no object for the corsa.