66cc BBK Upgrade? Thoughts?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

shiba
Goped
Goped

66cc BBK Upgrade? Thoughts?

Post by shiba »

Well, the weather in WI is starting to get nice again (ok, thats a lie, it was nice, and is supposed to rain for a few days..but should get nice and stay nice soon)...so that means its time to get my scooter up and running once again. Its been about 2 years since it was last running..and from what I remember, I had rather low compression and several people suggested I replace the top end.

So, I figured what better time for a BBK; frankly I do not want to spend that much (since that usually leads to spending more), so I figured getting a 66cc BBK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271036038325) would be plenty since it doesnt seem to require an aftermarket crank, carb or exhaust..

What are everyone's thoughts on this BBK? I'm hoping to order soon so I can start working on it next weekend.

Thanks all!!
~Shiba

p.s. This will be the first summer I'll be attempting to ride it since taking a nasty spill a few years back...so heres to getting back on the saddle!!

edit: Also forgot, probably going to pick up this jet kit (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271200867348) so I've got a few to tweak the carb with..
2000 Honda Elite SA50P (AF16E)
Current Mods: 72cc Malossi BBK, Unrestricted, OKO Vari, OKO Ramp, [9g OKO/ 7.5G ???] Rollers, #82 Upjet, ASN 9:1 gears

HELP ME WITH MY TRANSMISSION TUNING!!!
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Re: 66cc BBK Upgrade? Thoughts?

Post by SpyderMike »

I ran that bore for a couple seasons with no problems. Where you @ in WI?
shiba
Goped
Goped

Post by shiba »

SpyderMike wrote:I ran that bore for a couple seasons with no problems. Where you @ in WI?
Up by Milwaukee..

Did you just roll w/ the stock carb/exhaust as well? if so, what jetting were you running at?
Current Mods: 72cc Malossi BBK, Unrestricted, OKO Vari, OKO Ramp, [9g OKO/ 7.5G ???] Rollers, #82 Upjet, ASN 9:1 gears

SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

No I was way over carbed with a 24mm...

You going to attend moto-scoot rally on the 1st?
shiba
Goped
Goped

Post by shiba »

SpyderMike wrote:No I was way over carbed with a 24mm...

You going to attend moto-scoot rally on the 1st?
gotcha...

well, this is the first i'm hearing of it...but sadly i'll be up in the dells camping for a friends birthday, otherwise it sounds like it would be awesome...minus the fact my scooter isnt working of course..

JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

shiba wrote:several people suggested I replace the top end
Low compression means it's time for a fresh jug. A 66cc BBK is a good place to start because you don't need to replace anything else except change the main jet to about an 80 or 85. It's not a difficult project. An aftermarket exhaust will add another few mph, but it's not necessary to start with
shiba
Goped
Goped

Post by shiba »

Oh seriously? That's nice then haha... After reading a few posts I was under the impression that the main jet would be closer to 100...but that would be perfect since I think I've currently got a 82 or 85 key in there... :p

Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Just a heads up for twenty more bucks I sell a 72cc malossi kit that is bolt on and you can use stock carb. Quality and performance is double of that 66cc kit. Keith
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
shiba
Goped
Goped

Post by shiba »

Red Eft Performance wrote:Just a heads up for twenty more bucks I sell a 72cc malossi kit that is bolt on and you can use stock carb. Quality and performance is double of that 66cc kit. Keith
can it be used w/ everything else stock (ie, exhaust, etc)? also, what jet size is a good starting point for the stock carb?

Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Yes it can be used with stock parts.
For carb. Airbox intact air screw about 3/4 of a turn out. Needle clip at the top. 100 main. Tune from there.
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes

shiba
Goped
Goped

Post by shiba »

Red Eft Performance wrote:Yes it can be used with stock parts.
For carb. Airbox intact air screw about 3/4 of a turn out. Needle clip at the top. 100 main. Tune from there.
i think its fairly safe to assume that you mean the second kit on your page here (http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=19538), correct? does that also come w/ a head, or just use stock? defiantly leaning towards this more now.. sorry for playing 20 questions tho..

Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

shiba wrote:
i think its fairly safe to assume that you mean the second kit on your page here (http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=19538), correct? does that also come w/ a head, or just use stock? defiantly leaning towards this more now.. sorry for playing 20 questions tho..
Yes its the second one. Yes it comes with head.
Red Eft Performance

shiba
Goped
Goped

Post by shiba »

Red Eft Performance wrote:
shiba wrote:
Yes its the second one. Yes it comes with head.
cool beans! pm sent :)