Best Combos - BBK Carb Exhaust etc

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

W8kbrder
Goped
Goped

Best Combos - BBK Carb Exhaust etc

Post by W8kbrder »

In your opinion, what would you consider the best combo of bore kit, carb, exhaust, primary & secondary gears, & intake?
2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted)
|Prodigy Variator w/ 9g weights|De-restricted Exhaust|Oil Pump Delete|1.5k Center Clutch Spring|2k Clutch Grabbers|.88 Main Jet|2nd Airbox Tab Removed|9:1 gears|49mph GPS confirmed|
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Best Combos - BBK Carb Exhaust etc

Post by swimmingfree »

you need to put the info of what motor you have we dont no if its a ???? or a ????? as well as what you want out of it ......
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

his signature suggests its a af16e that he is wanting to mod.
i have wondered this as well. what is the best, not similar, but the best.

best crank
best top end bbk
best exhaust
best intake

"best" here is a metric of speed, although low end and high end often need to be distinguished.

it seems that most agree malosii is the best in terms of manufactured quality, as in better structural integrity, but they might not be the best in terms of speed
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

Depends what you're doing. I have a Dio (Elite) with a JiangWayne 50mm BBK that's really quick (over 60mph), but it's temperamental and really noisy. It's like driving a race car. Often in traffic, with the CHT steadily creeping up, I wish I had something a little milder! But for drag racing the Yamaha Zumas, it's a blast.
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

granted im not very smart when it comes to scooters, and my parts wall is limited to mainly oem parts

that being said, i feel i know, rather have learned from the collective knowledge on this forum, that a bbk from vtcycles is not equal to a bbk from redeft. not by a long shot. in longevity or performance or price ( but again ive never owned either )

i cant wait to buy your stuff graphite, IMO your bikes are some of the sickiest on the fourm to date, but here i might disagree with you, i think there is a "best" and i want it! lol
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)