trail tech vapor

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

WeeMan
Spree
Spree

trail tech vapor

Post by WeeMan »

Hi all,

I am about to fit my new vapor to my scoot. Can i just extend the power and tach cables? I know I can get an extension for the temp sensor. Also how have you fitted the speed sensor? Pictures would help. I am so close to completing the build and a lot of people have helped on here so thanks for that. Just need help with the vapor.

Cheers

Danny
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: trail tech vapor

Post by mousewheels »

For the Trailtech Vapor, temp and power leads may be cut and extended with any reasonable sized wire.

The wire will not cause temperature accuracy issues that thermocouple CHTs would see with an extension.
WeeMan
Spree
Spree

Post by WeeMan »

mousewheels wrote:For the Trailtech Vapor, temp and power leads may be cut and extended with any reasonable sized wire.

The wire will not cause temperature accuracy issues that thermocouple CHTs would see with an extension.
So am I better extending the temperature wire myself or should I buy the extension cable?

Also does the speed sensor go on the front or back?

Cheers

Danny
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

So am I better extending the temperature wire myself or should I buy the extension cable?
IMHO - it's your call. Extension is not that expensive. Extending the wire is not that hard and can be done *today*. Electrically either is fine.
Also does the speed sensor go on the front or back?
The pickup is ok in either location. Rear mount may require cable extension. Also Trafficjamz had input regarding the rear mount here: Click Me!