Afo5e upgrades

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Re: Afo5e upgrades

Post by Fallout Spree »

I didn't realize that it came with a jet.
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Fallout Spree wrote:For a 72cc kit with one of the mini k&n's what would you recommend as far as carb? And jet size for that carb?
The kits for the af05 are 65cc. If you end up using stock carb you have to leave stock air box in place. Otherwise the pilot circuit will be too lean. Also if you end up using stock carb I would suggest getting a jet kit. If you rely Intirely on the main jet that comes with these kits you may end up having a bad day. Though the main jet that comes with these kits sometimes if right on other times you need to go up one or two jets. Without experience the tuning is trial and error. A cylinder head temp gauge can help keep things together.
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

So would it be in my best interest to just buy the $60 carb(think its an oko)in 21mm? That seems like it would let me keep some bottom end. I think polini makes a air filter that has a cap that goes over it to restrict airflow, no?
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Yes I would always suggest an aftermarket carb. Not only will you pick up some power it also allows you to adjust the pilot circuit.
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

Can someone tell me if 92 elite forks will bolt onto an 89!?!
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

they should its the same model made from 88 to 93
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma