Afo5e upgrades

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Afo5e upgrades

Post by Fallout Spree »

Looking for any links to sites that provide upgrades for an 88 Elite engine, afo5e code. Google and ebay dont have anything besides the perormance CDI's as far as i could see. Also if anyone can tell me if a 24mm carb/reed/intake setup marketed for a Dio would work on this engine it would be appreciated
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Afo5e upgrades

Post by swimmingfree »

Fallout Spree wrote:Looking for any links to sites that provide upgrades for an 88 Elite engine, afo5e code. Google and ebay dont have anything besides the perormance CDI's as far as i could seethe cdi is not worth the money it will not help!!!!!. Also if anyone can tell me if a 24mm carb/reed/intake setup marketed for a Dio would work on this engine it would be appreciated no i dont think it will fit!!

this wood be worth down loading viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1770 as well as doing some looking on here to see what you can fine
swimmingfree
ps
it the manifold bolts to the block with 2 or 4 bolts ????
what is your top speed now???
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

Well I don't have the Elite motor yet but there's a very good chance that I will in three days. Good ol' stock spree speed of 31mph. It looks to have 4 bolts on the manifold
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

so your going to put a se50 motor on a spree?????
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

Sa50, out of an 88 LX
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

did you get the Manuel???
do you no what parts you will need to do the motor swop ????
swimmingfree
were do you live ??
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

I live in Port Huron, Michigan. Downloaded the manual, I figured I could fab the mounts myself. If not I'll pick up a set from scooter swap shop. I found a motor on eBay going for $75 and I know its got the CVT drive so I figured It would get me the 45mph I was looking for, with a few upgrades.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

im in muskegon my self...
i get 40 gps out of my se50 ..
you will more then likley need a longer brake cable as well...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

something is up swims motor they should do 40 stock with some trans tuning and a larger rear tyre tbey shoud do 45.I had my old se05 motor up to 54 mph with a malossi bbk japan chamber pipe ct intake 24mm carb and a zx trans setup
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

I was going to take it to my local machine shop and get it bored to 48mm or 80cc and at that point I figured it'd be wise to get a bigger carb, but the only carb I found that is bigger than stock is "for engines after 94 only". I am willing to do some minor modifications to get it to fit. Then there's the fact of the pipe. I think the cutting up of two pipes to make one sounds sketchy to me. Is it literally not possible to slap a Dio pipe on the afo5e or will it just take a little bit of muscle to shove it in there. I could probly even cut the header to get the angle right, since that seems to be the reason why it won't fit
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

the dio ct intake will work with a adapter .Use your old reed cage gut the centre out so it matches the inside hole of the ct then put the reed cage on the block and bolt the ctintake ontop
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

Fallout Spree wrote:I was going to take it to my local machine shop and get it bored to 48mm or 80cc and at that point I figured it'd be wise to get a bigger carb, but the only carb I found that is bigger than stock is "for engines after 94 only". I am willing to do some minor modifications to get it to fit.
why bore out when you can get a 48mm bore kit that will come with the new jug, piston, etc. .
Pauly is spot on about the carb. Just run the ct intake and adapter and run whatever carb you want.
Fallout Spree wrote:Then there's the fact of the pipe. I think the cutting up of two pipes to make one sounds sketchy to me. Is it literally not possible to slap a Dio pipe on the afo5e or will it just take a little bit of muscle to shove it in there. I could probly even cut the header to get the angle right, since that seems to be the reason why it won't fit
Yes the only way is to cut the header and re-angle, and hopefully the flange is the same... But why not the Leo Vince pipe?? Is this a racing scoot?
Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

Not a racer, just a faster around town scoot. Most the roads around here are 45 and doin 30 isn't recommended. I can buy a piston for 45, bore for 40 and mill and re chamber the head for 30 which still puts me less than a bbk. So the carb will not fit? The engine does not come with one so that's the first thing I'll need to buy to get it going.
Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

Ok thank tou for the help everyone. Very glad you mentioned thy the carb wouldnt fit as that was already bought in my head
Fallout Spree
Goped
Goped

Post by Fallout Spree »

For a 72cc kit with one of the mini k&n's what would you recommend as far as carb? And jet size for that carb?