what do you concider high mileage?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

MySpree wrote:kits 200$ and if its still running then leave it
compression check wouldnt hurt either.
1987 Spree 4400 miles 32 mph stock with my 285lb ***
ADNOH
BMX
BMX

Post by ADNOH »

One of my '86 SPrees has well over 4,000 miles and runs as well as the 1,700 mile one. Neither has had any maintenance apart from brake cables & tyres. One had a carb gasket kit after it had not run for 9 years. (Though it started on the 4th kick!).

I always run at WOT, so I wonder why so many bikes have expired so early?

RM.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

taken care of like crap, jumped, additives in the gas, wrong oil, just bad matanince
islandbayy
Elite
Elite

Post by islandbayy »

Additives in the gas, just make sure you leave seafoam out of that additive catagory ^_^ I put 3-4 cap fulls in every tank since i got it, and my bike is 4000+ miles strong :)

Then again, for the first 9 years of my bike's life, I never went over 25mph, until beginning of this summer :)
Owner of K-Man Auto, Scooters, & Electric Cars
Home of Wisconsin's First Street Legal DOT Licensed Electric Cars!
http://KmanScooters.com
http://MilwaukeeEV.com
ADNOH
BMX
BMX

Post by ADNOH »

Why did it only do 25 for its first 9 years?

RM
islandbayy
Elite
Elite

Post by islandbayy »

Had the Exhaust and Clutch restrictions on it. Before this summer, i knew crap about scoots, now, I feel confident enough to replace my rings and anything else that may go wrong ^_^
Owner of K-Man Auto, Scooters, & Electric Cars
Home of Wisconsin's First Street Legal DOT Licensed Electric Cars!
http://KmanScooters.com
http://MilwaukeeEV.com
se50
Spree
Spree

Post by se50 »

First thing I ever got my hands on was a Rockford Chibi minibike (2 stroke 60cc, 3 speed) in a box of parts. Engine was torn apart. Didn't get it running, get, since it has stator problems. Next thing was the Kawi 185 four wheeler. That had bent and broken valves. Next was the KLR250. Just got that running the other day. All 3 didn't run. My scooter and snowmobile are the only things I ever bought that ran. I just had to start modding the heck out of the scooter. :D
1982 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr 1.6l diesel (5 speed)
1987 Honda Elite SE50p with drilled out main jet, shaved head, UNI filter
1985 Kawasaki Bayou 185 ATV
1984 Yamaha IT200 enduro
1974 Piaggio/Vespa Ciao moped, pocketbike exhaust.
cannon3731
BMX
BMX

Post by cannon3731 »

zonker1984 wrote:considering that the service manual goes up to 7500, I'm guessing you can get at least that much out of it, if not a little more before a rebuild, and than that much again. Depending on how much servicing of various parts you're willing to do, she should theoretically run on a certain number of engine rebuilds until the frame and/or body falls apart, but even then you can buy replacement parts if you're in love with the thing.
My spree has 9,256 miles on it and runs good. It is time to give it a ring job it only has 90 pounds of compression.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

90 is not that bad.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Jamie_Miles
Goped
Goped

Post by Jamie_Miles »

I put 11,500 on my Spree. I got it with around 3,000 if I remeber right. The engine was trashed, someone had tried to run regular car motor oil in it instead of 2 stroke oil. I replaced the engine and it ran until 7,000 miles. The replacement engine had a tick in the lower end and needed new rings and stuff. I opted to just replace the entire engine again and it was still running strong when the frame folded up at 11,500 (from jumping it :roll: ). I straightened it the best I could, and welded some reinforcments in, but it was ever quite the same after that. I sold it to a friend for $100. Someone later stole it from him. I think it had a little over 12,000 when it was stolen.
Comeing soon: Possibly the fastest Spree in the world...