Have ya tried this?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

xela_p2004
Spree
Spree

Have ya tried this?

Post by xela_p2004 »

"If you really feel spunky, want to get the most out of your ped and you have about 40-50 bucks to spend and 4 hours of free time here is what you do.

1. Remove the head and have about 60 thousandths shaved off. 20 bucks labor and 6 bucks for a new head gasket. This will increase your compression for more power

2. Take a dremel to the intake manifold and open up the restriction, you will see it when you remove the manifold. This will increase air flow, more top end power

3. File about 1/16 inch off the front inside pulley half on the belt drive. This will slightly increase the drive ratio for a higher top end

4. Buy a size 70 main jet and install it in the carburetor costs about 6-10 bucks at your local Honda dealer. You will need this if go to an after market air filter assembly to insure proper air/fuel ratio

5. Buy the chrome topped cotton filter element K&N oil breather cap for a Chevy v-8. It costs about 12 bucks and it makes a perfect after market air filter. It fits right on the rubber tube that goes to the carburetor. You will have to remove some off the old air filter assembly though. This combined with the jet gives you more top end power and RPMs.

6. Drill out the exhaust. That relieves some back pressure for more available power."
berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

And the net result is???
1987 Spree 4400 miles 32 mph stock with my 285lb ***
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

HEY BUDDY WE KNOW THIS ALL, ITS IN THE * TEC DOCS
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Chill out there Myspree.

The head mod is the best of the bunch here, followed by the pulley mod, although the numbers are wrong. Better ones are .020" from the head, about 1/32" from the pulley for 84/85 scoots. This guy was actually reworking the piston face to get the running clearances even farther down.

Cleaning the exhaust is the best exhaust "mod."

Intake mod seems to help, doesn't hurt. I've never gotten any benefit from pod filters or the bump up in jetting.

Go read up in Adv Tech Docs for more. Come back with questions.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
xela_p2004
Spree
Spree

Post by xela_p2004 »

Thanks for the info, Iam new and still researching the spree, I know from my research its extremely limited in power and has little to no after market support. I found this info on another site and wanted to share it you guys, and was wondering if any of you have tried it and what were the results. I really like the spree's look, but know its not going to be a fast scooter and thats something I need. At least 35- 40mph.
islandbayy
Elite
Elite

Post by islandbayy »

If you need 35-40, then get your self a nice used Elite 50 ^_^ mine does 40 easially now that I removed the exhaust restrictor and clutch restrictor (1 hr project)
Owner of K-Man Auto, Scooters, & Electric Cars
Home of Wisconsin's First Street Legal DOT Licensed Electric Cars!
http://KmanScooters.com
http://MilwaukeeEV.com
ADNOH
BMX
BMX

Post by ADNOH »

We played with very fast Italian 50cc bikes in South Africa. Itom and Garelli were two. These were racing-style bikes with 6-speed gearboxes, light fairings, etc. To raise the compression ratio, we would remove the head gasket and then glue it back down with Pliobond (you can get this in the Northeast, I think it it is made by Goodyear.) Apply to both sides quite liberally, wait until tacky and then replace the head. It cures very well with heat. This increases the compression ratio only by the thickness of the head gasket.

If this is in the Tech Docs, I apologise, but we do this for fun, don't we? Not as part of a study test!

RM