Sleeper Status

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Sleeper Status

Post by GuavaJam »

Whats the best for spree dio elite arnada aero dd jog, etc.
I wanna see too if possible thanks.
I see killer bikes on here so ... haha.
I wanna know too.
Thanks
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Re: sleeper status

Post by maddog »

There is no true sleeper scoot that's why I have built 6 scoots, given the info that I have now I can make a stock elite-s engine go 60 mph.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Re: sleeper status

Post by GuavaJam »

^what did u do?
GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Re: Sleeper Status

Post by GuavaJam »

Just wondering what kinda quiet, but fast set ups people have.
GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Post by GuavaJam »

For example, on my dd I have 26mm yms exhaust, dio 10% center spring, polini 1000 clutch shoe spring, 7.5 motostar weights, derestricted, with upjetted carb. Gets me up to 45 mph on flats, with good low end, mid range. But hardly a sleeper compared to what people have on here.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Mine used to be quiet till I got the PG loud err I mean long.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Try changing your gear ratio to 9:1:1 which is a normal stock derestriction= 53 mph, I can push it to 8:3:1 with a stage-6 setup, the problem is finding a stock block to make it happen.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

maddog wrote:Try changing your gear ratio to 9:1:1 which is a normal stock derestriction= 53 mph, I can push it to 8:3:1 with a stage-6 setup, the problem is finding a stock block to make it happen.
Stop giving bad information to new people who are genuinely trying to do something that works in the real world not just in a morons mind.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

graphite9 wrote:Kinda quiet, would be a yms pipe, with a corsa. Or, a contessa with a stock derestricted pipe. Should see 55+ on the stock pipe if tuned right
This is a good way to go. I think a sleeper scoot is possible. As long as the scooter looks pretty stock and goes like a scalded cat off the line and has decent top end, I'd call it good. And if you live in a place like I do where there aren't many scooters around in the first place, a scooter like my spree dio is a sleeper. It may have a huge arrow pipe poking out on one side and a big old 28mm carb out the other and a 6 inch stretch on the go, to the regular folks its just a little tiny scooter that smokes em at the lights
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Post by GuavaJam »

yah thanks all u cool bros. Of course in Hawaii where I live there's so many clean, sleepers, but just wanted to see what else there was out there. I got a polini vari, kelly pulley, daytona ramp as my next steps. Mines is a daily driver so i like the low/mid, but also wanted to keep it crispy and smooth on the throttle thru the power band. thanks. btw, jet lag's bike looks mean.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

GuavaJam wrote:yah thanks all u cool bros. Of course in Hawaii where I live there's so many clean, sleepers, but just wanted to see what else there was out there. I got a polini vari, kelly pulley, daytona ramp as my next steps. Mines is a daily driver so i like the low/mid, but also wanted to keep it crispy and smooth on the throttle thru the power band. thanks. btw, jet lag's bike looks mean.

For me I like having low end blast-ability and great mid range over the cray fast top end. I left my dio final drive with whatever it came with for now because I love the drag racer takeoff ;-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Post by GuavaJam »

Yes me too so im trying to get as much info as possible to tune my bike that way.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

When I had my contessa on my bike with a low/mid pipe it was a rocket 0-55 was super easy to tune and was great in the city.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
89hatcher
BMX
BMX

Post by 89hatcher »

My setup is a 72 molassi cast, stock carb jetted with dd50 airbox, 8.4:1 gears, 28mm yms pipe. Top speed I got was 53mph flats. Trying to tune the carb and weights to make it a little faster. My friends setups hits 65 mph no problem.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

I've yet to see a quiet 70cc af16e lol I don't think anyone thought about noise when they designed a performance pipe. If you look at a PG pipe, you think it would be quiet since the canister is so large, but nope. Still loud as can be.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~