Oil pump plug

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

steffen707
Elite
Elite

Oil pump plug

Post by steffen707 »

Wow haven't posted in a year and 9 months. Hope you're all doing well.

Its been a while since I did my build, but i noticed my oil pump plug vibrating in and out and bumping against my washer blocking plate. Perhaps this is why I have a jump in temp after WOT runs where I snap the throttle shut.

Anyways, what do you guys hondabond? I've never used the stuff, and want to fix this right. Should I get a new o-ring and put hondabond on that? Also the plug doesn't sit tight against the washer plate, I should probably put a shim in between the plug and the washer so its in constant contact with the plug so it can't move.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
05 Kymco Super 9-> My cruiser
xx Honda Gyro -> Man I gotta fix that.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
bonesv

Re: Oil pump plug

Post by bonesv »

steffen707 wrote:Wow haven't posted in a year and 9 months. Hope you're all doing well.

Its been a while since I did my build, but i noticed my oil pump plug vibrating in and out and bumping against my washer blocking plate. Perhaps this is why I have a jump in temp after WOT runs where I snap the throttle shut.

Anyways, what do you guys hondabond? I've never used the stuff, and want to fix this right. Should I get a new o-ring and put hondabond on that? Also the plug doesn't sit tight against the washer plate, I should probably put a shim in between the plug and the washer so its in constant contact with the plug so it can't move.
Yes. And check the o-ring. Don't hondabond it. Good to hear from you.....
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861