Question about LEO Vince Sp3

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

needmoreinfo
BMX
BMX

Question about LEO Vince Sp3

Post by needmoreinfo »

1987 honda elite 50s ,I ordered a leo vince sp3 from italy and it arrived last week. I installed it but did not notice any gains in performance at all. I have seen that on some leo vince pipes users have had to grind down welds and remove screens to "derestrict" the pipe. Is this something that needs to be done? any info is greatly appreciated
bonesv

Re: Question about LEO Vince Sp3

Post by bonesv »

It's possible that you need more fuel now with that pipe? Have you read up on the matter? Use the search feature.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
needmoreinfo
BMX
BMX

Post by needmoreinfo »

bonesv wrote:It's possible that you need more fuel now with that pipe? Have you read up on the matter? Use the search feature.

Ive done research on rejetting, but shouldn't there be some performance increase? Im going to remove the pipe and check for a restriction cone. I will search around for more info on the jetting, Any recommendations?
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

If no more fuel then no more power unless you were running richer before. Good possibility there is still a restriction in the pipe also. Upjet 1 size and drop roller weight to 7g.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

I do not believe that pipe is restricted. It's not an oem pipe and you are lucky to have got one.
The se50 has a stock gear ratio output of about 10:1 so you may need to put a heavier torque spring in the clutch to improve the take-off rpm. It works for me because those old springs get weak after 25-30 yrs and it locks up too quickly. Go with a 1000 over stock rpm and you will see a difference!
Yes, good advice also about lighter roller weights but not too light if you change the spring. 7.5 to 8.0 grams would be plenty heavy. IMO
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861