polini corsa help

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

creativelolo
Noob
Noob

polini corsa help

Post by creativelolo »

I got a sym dd50 72cc.. was trying to get the most mph out of it. I maxed out at 65mph but I know I can go faster. I'm still learning how to properly tune and need help.
The set up: polini corsa, 28oko (142 main didn't touch piolot so idk), 33.3g rollers (three 5.3g three 5.8g), 1k center, yellow malossi clutch, kelly pulley/ramp, malossi torque driver, malossi delta clutch, polini bell, 7:1 gears, v8 exhaust, ebay cdi..

Was thinking of adding that 44mm ab crank (plug and play right? No mod ding block?) + arrow pipe.. any suggestions? I also read here on these forms that a 24mm carb is a better option than the 28mm (hawaii guys over do it a lil bit I guess).. idk, im learning
Wheelman-111

Re: polini corsa help

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Your setup making 65 MPH is no slouch already! Lots of posts and my own experience suggests that your V8 exhaust may be limiting RPM and top speed most of all. 7:1 is really too tall for even a robust 72cc. You could actually go faster with 8.44s or 7.98s. And not knowing what your pilot jet size is? Really? I recommend you find out. Whatever size you have, the carb's air mixture screw should adjust to best idle at about 1.5 turns out from lightly seated. If it needs more turns than that, you're too rich. If less, you're too lean. The 28 can be tuned to run on an engine that revs very high, but matching it to a V8 pipe certainly isn't ideal. The 24-26 sizes tune easier.

Anyway if you keep going much faster, I hope your Sym has a disc brake.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH