Finding an Oil Pump Delete Plug for NQ50.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Finding an Oil Pump Delete Plug for NQ50.

Post by Meatball »

I know this topic has been beat to death but heres my concern. Since apparently an Oil Pump Delete plug doesn't exist for the NQ50, Im told to use just a rubber stopper in the hole. First off, Im not doing this. I read wikispreedia and understand how the plug needs to fill the internal crankcase volume taken by the OEM pump. Does anyone have any better solutions or know of anywhere that makes one?
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Ultraliner

Re: Finding an Oil Pump Delete Plug for NQ50.

Post by Ultraliner »

I pulled the driveshaft out of mine , flipped the special retainer nut around to allow the pump body to pull down hard onto the engine case and blanked off all the lines. Have been running like this for the past 10 months without a problem.

I dont think the engine is too bothered about the slight increase in crankcase volume due to the missing shaft. If you do it this way and keep the shaft then is easy enough to go back to using the oil pump should you desire ;)
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

tig weld aluminum plug is best way to weld.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Meatball wrote:I know this topic has been beat to death but heres my concern. Since apparently an Oil Pump Delete plug doesn't exist for the NQ50, Im told to use just a rubber stopper in the hole. First off, Im not doing this. I read wikispreedia and understand how the plug needs to fill the internal crankcase volume taken by the OEM pump. Does anyone have any better solutions or know of anywhere that makes one?
I don't think that little bit of crankcase pressure lost will make that much difference. You can use the rubber plug to fill the hole, but you need the right type of plug. The plugs that have the bolt in the centre to tighten in the hole are what you need. Or grind the gears off of the shaft and call it done.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

What do you think about something like this, pat?
http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/moell ... 62-4414110
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Yes Meatball that's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of. A lot of auto parts stores carry them and sometimes hardware stores too. Some of them have just a plain bolt through it. Maybe we need a cnc spree oil pump plug. If I owned a lathe I would make some spree oil plugs.
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

This is what Im looking at from advanced auto parts. Im wanting the upper washer to fit into the recessed part of the oil pump hole and the rubber shaft part to fit into the smaller/lower opening. Does anyone know these dimensions or should I try to measure my openings. It'd be nice if I had a caliper to measure with but I don't..

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web/Pa ... rom=header
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Those are the exact plugs :-) I would just measure the hole with a tape measure, should get you close. I bet the 3/4 7/8 plug is the one
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Pull the stock oil pump out. Grind off teeth of gear flat (assume pump is trashed already.) Reinstall.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

OK, guys. So I deleted the oil pump today and am running 32:1 in the tank. I was able to actually go WOT for the first time after bbk install. It pulls smooth without any hiccups to about 30-31 and just screams but....theres a major vibration somewhere. It rattles the bike so bad it makes my hands/feet and * go numb just from going around the block. Starts at 20mph+ and gets worse when I gas it. Any ideas?
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Ive checked all the obvious things...kickstand loose, exhaust loose, motor mount loose...all tight. I was reading a thread about how sometimes one clutch pad wears thinner before the others causing an imbalance. This would give me the symptoms I describe: an increasingly intensifying vibration directly coinciding with engine rpm's and/or travel speed. I will check the clutch pads for consistent wear tomorrow. If those measure fairly close to each other, what else should I be checking?
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Hopefully its not the crank.... A good place to get one of those plugs would be a marine supply, like west marine etc.. Same plugs for drain on the transom of boats, but more variety..
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I have never had a running Spree, but it would seem logical that a 48mm piston weighs considerably more than the 41mm stocker. The crank counterweights won't match the increased mass of the bigger slug, causing more than the accustomed level of vibration.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Heres what I used for my Oil Pump plug...Bought from Advance Auto Parts for $3.99
Attachments
oil delete plug.JPG
oil delete plug.JPG (106.12 KiB) Viewed 8927 times
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Heres the finished product. The plug would try to work its way out when I tightened it so I used the oil pump mounting bolt and a washer to hold it down. I had to take the washer to a bench grinder and grind away one side to allow for some wiring that was close by. You can also see in the pic that I cut a small notch in the top of the plug washer. This was so I could hold it still with a flathead screwdriver when I tightened it or else it would just spin in the hole. Once it starts to grab, you can tighten it the rest of the way without holding it.
Attachments
pump delete.JPG
pump delete.JPG (84.45 KiB) Viewed 8927 times