need help withn speed

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

I have tried to break a ring before but couldn't do it, all it did was bend. How are you guys breaking rings? And I though I was rough with things. lol.
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

what happen was i took the jug off and cleaned the port and when i tried to put the jug back on i wouldnt go on and i was tryin to put it on and the broke .i guess i was forcin it the worng way.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Just line up the rings with the pins and slide it on. Make sure the tapered part is down, this not only is the only way to do it, but it also allows the rings to get pushed into place. If if won't fit easliy, look for any obstructions and make sure you're puting the piston straight in. If it is crooked at all, it won't go in. hope this helps next time.
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

How do you take the piston off?
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

take off the head+jug. on the side of the piston there is a hole with a clip inside. take the clip off and slide the pin out and the piston will come off.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

How do you take the piston off?
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Step
1. Obtain a pair of Needle Nose pliers, and a socket the size of the pin in the piston or use medium flathead screwdriver. (may need a hammer)
2. Carefully try to get one of the pin clips out. (this may take more than one try) Don't bend them.
3. If you took just one out, then take your screwdriver and go the side where the clip is still on and push the pin out. These may be stubborn sometimes. (if you took out both clips, this is where you can just use the socket)

Note: Take caution when storing the piston or setting it down, if it is stepped on or dropped chances are that it will be destroyed.

Also: If you are putting a piston on, when you put the pen clips back in MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL THE WAY IN. Check it multiple times, because ask Shane4188. It can be an expensive mistake.
Last edited by Tippmann98 on Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

With rings:
*Be carefull, they can be fragile.
*The top ring has a burr in it. Be sure to get it in the right way.
*There are two spots on the piston, dots that stick out in the grooves. Be sure the gap where the ring meets is over this.
*Keep the rings in place, and carefully slide the jug over the piston while still holding the rings. What you need to do hold the rings till they are into the jug.
*I have done this many times and this way works for me so i hope this has helped you.

Side Note: Line the inside of the jug with 2-cycle oil before inserting the piston.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

yeah. VERY FRAGILE! they are so fragile because they are hardened so there is no flex at all without breaking it.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

ok smartass. To someone who has never done this im trying to help them not break a ring.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i kno im not trying to be smart.i kno how fragile they r.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx