Custom expansion chamber for 84 aero 80.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Proy
Noob
Noob

Custom expansion chamber for 84 aero 80.

Post by Proy »

Hey guys im curious if anyone on the fourmn builds expantion chambers and if not if anyone has experience retrofitting a existing pipe onto a format it wasnt intended.
I have a 84 honda aero 80 that someboody kartwheeled and i have straight and running ok again but the header and muffler was damaged so bad along with braking off part of the flywheel / fan cover casting off. So i figured it would just be asier to make or retrofit a aftermarket exhaust.
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Re: Custom expansion chamber for 84 aero 80.

Post by harleyracer59 »

I know this is a bit late but ive modified a few pipe to fit on my scooters and even 1 for my 66cc pk80 powered dyno roadster. both the blue and orange aero 50s have modified ebay pipes made originally for vertical minarelli's. I purchase them from a seller that's local for $70 ea. the one on my cruiser was either a china girl 49cc-66/80cc bikeberry pipe or some kind of goped pipe I got on offer up for $40 new.
I messaged my friend on the other forum the measurements and he ran the # then helped me work out the lengths and diameters I needed to end up with to achieve my desired powerband. then I just went to cutting , welding and grinding. im not the best welder, but I can grind pretty good lol check them out.

last pic is on an AB07 1984 aero 50
second id on an af05e with bbk, in an 1984 aero 50 with af09 super tact engine panels.
first pic is how I bought then from seller originally.
Attachments
image - Copy (134).jpeg
image - Copy (134).jpeg (466.93 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
photo 3 - Copy (2).JPG
photo 3 - Copy (2).JPG (441.68 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
image - Copy (161).jpeg
image - Copy (161).jpeg (504.21 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Re: Custom expansion chamber for 84 aero 80.

Post by harleyracer59 »

heres my roadster this pipe funs between my engine drive chain through my frame and over my pedal chain