SO i got a 87' Spree

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jmmcool
Noob
Noob

SO i got a 87' Spree

Post by jmmcool »

So i got a 87 Spree, i wanna speed her up a bit. right now, its got a 80cc Dirtbike muffler on it yes i kno, wierd, but it seems to be about right she goes about 32. But what Things can i do to speed her up to a good steady 35 at least, maybe more any help would be nice, i've been readin all the stuff on here, still would like advice thanks!
jmmcool
Noob
Noob

Post by jmmcool »

ANyone! :roll:
Streetglow
Goped
Goped

Post by Streetglow »

pulley mod, but you'll loose a lot of low end.
86 Spree (w/neon)
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
badspree
Noob
Noob

Post by badspree »

Shave .02 off head, advance the timing, larger main jet, adjust pilot needle circlip, free flow air filter. After all that's done do the pulley mod, and you won't lose any low end.

Use a 4 in beltsander to shave the head, need new headgasket $5.00

Pull the ignition pickup from behind the fan, oval the holes to the left, reinstall. Free

Drill out main jet to about .80 mm (only with k&n style air filter)Free, may have to buy a small * bit. This size can change depending on elevation, so you might want to start off at .76mm and work your way up.

Move pilot needle circlip up in position, mine is second from top, higher up is richer, you will have to play with this too. (this is underneith where the throttle cable goes into the carb) Free

Install k&n style air filter about $7.00 - $15.00 at any auto parts store

Pulley mod....Free

After all of this you should see 35-40 mph, depending on the condition of your motor, and how dead on you get your jetting...do plug chops!!!
Mine can hit about 42 mph if I have enought distance without braking (and no wind), and I weight 220lbs. It averages around 37-38 no problem, this is on a 85, a 87 should be a little faster.
85 spree - polished intake, Iridium Plug, custom exhaust, .025 off head, pully mod, Chevy breather air filter mod, 78 jet,
Pilot needle 4th clip, Advanced timing, 41-43 mph flat ground no wind (depends on temperature)
gingerbreadman
BMX
BMX

Post by gingerbreadman »

______________dio motor conversion. thats all i got to say. :lol:
catch me if you can (",)
SLiMeX
Noob
Noob

Post by SLiMeX »

badspree wrote:Shave .02 off head, advance the timing, larger main jet, adjust pilot needle circlip, free flow air filter. After all that's done do the pulley mod, and you won't lose any low end.

Use a 4 in beltsander to shave the head, need new headgasket $5.00

Pull the ignition pickup from behind the fan, oval the holes to the left, reinstall. Free

Drill out main jet to about .80 mm (only with k&n style air filter)Free, may have to buy a small * bit. This size can change depending on elevation, so you might want to start off at .76mm and work your way up.

Move pilot needle circlip up in position, mine is second from top, higher up is richer, you will have to play with this too. (this is underneith where the throttle cable goes into the carb) Free

Install k&n style air filter about $7.00 - $15.00 at any auto parts store

Pulley mod....Free

After all of this you should see 35-40 mph, depending on the condition of your motor, and how dead on you get your jetting...do plug chops!!!
Mine can hit about 42 mph if I have enought distance without braking (and no wind), and I weight 220lbs. It averages around 37-38 no problem, this is on a 85, a 87 should be a little faster.
My '86 Spree goes 26mph, how simple are these modifications to do, and how long will they take? I was reading that drilling the exhaust before the "baffles" (?) will give you 2-5? more mph, which I would love to do, but there aren't any pictures anywhere, I dont want to screw it up...