af16 build

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

rag
Goped
Goped

af16 build

Post by rag »

I am going from a 1993 af05e to an af16e motor, I bought alot of good stuff for it and can name if ya want, but my question is I SCREWED UP and did a mini stroker crank in it 44mm, what size base gaskets and head gaskets to get it close to being right with the Polini corsa 72cc kit, i already know should have stuck with stock crank, 2.6 mm difference so my thought is split the difference in base and head but need more experienced input. Thnks
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: af16 build

Post by Meatball »

The Corsa has an o-ring head gasket so adding gaskets there isnt happening. The +2.6 mini is a bit more than Id go. Youd need to change the port timing on the Corsa jug and then add base gaskets to achieve proper squish clearance. Using a degree wheel, check the timing. See the link below and use as a guide. Personally, I wouldnt go this route and try to do better than what Polini did. They chose the Corsa timing for a reason and they kinda know their stuff. I have a mini stroke crank/Corsa in one of my builds and it absolutely rips but its less than +2.6 and I had someone build it who knows ALOT more than me about 2t timing. Good luck! https://martysgarage.info/reference/two ... -duration/

If I were you, Id bite the bullet and get a quality 41.4mm stroke crank (like the MHR) and leave the Corsa how Polini made it....but you do you, man.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
rag
Goped
Goped

Post by rag »

2.6 isnt that much tho its only 44mm compared to stock 41.4
rag
Goped
Goped

Post by rag »

I already went thru the headache of installing this one in the case, but I maybe look at that option