dio stroker?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jeremydde
Goped
Goped

Post by jeremydde »

diomike wrote:i find that after owning a dio they tend to be unstable. my dio ran for a 3 weeks straight and now i cant get it to turn over. i cant figure the problem out
Really? I have never had any major problem with mine. Mine had a dirty carb when I bought it but that's about it. It has always started up and ran. When you say it won't turn over do you mean the engine is seized or just won't fire up?
2000 Honda Dio
Malossi 72cc Bore
28mm Oko Carb 45 Pilot & 132 Main
Phongeer Long
9 to 1 Gears
Parmakit Variator
1500 RPM contra spring
Kuka Clutch w/Polini green springs
Koso Digital Tachometer w/CHT
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

wont fire up. i really dont now wat it is . its conpletly moded i got 70cc athena , 8-1 gear tecnic gas pipe ,28mm carb ,ct crome manifold , kili pully, 1500 center spring and the yellow clucth springs . alll that cool stuff by the way wat are u hiting i was hit around 60 65

i also have a question wat did u put to clog the oil pump hole???
jeremydde
Goped
Goped

Post by jeremydde »

diomike wrote:wont fire up. i really dont now wat it is . its conpletly moded i got 70cc athena , 8-1 gear tecnic gas pipe ,28mm carb ,ct crome manifold , kili pully, 1500 center spring and the yellow clucth springs . alll that cool stuff by the way wat are u hiting i was hit around 60 65

i also have a question wat did u put to clog the oil pump hole???
I didn't plug the stock oiler. I am still running it actually along with some premix as well. It was easier to do it this way then worry about removing it and grinding gears and what not. I just made a new throttle cable from the y joint and went straight into the carb. Keoni recommended I add an additional ounce of oil into every full tank of fuel. The engine is running very well. I am not sure about the top speed yet as I fall out of my powerband after 70km/h. My center spring is worn out, and Keoni forgot to put them in the box on my last shipment. They should arrive soon though.

Does your scooter smell really rich when you try to start it up? I had a tecnigas muffler before the phongeer and the silencer got plugged up before. You may want to check and see if your muffler is actually flowing. If there is not enough flow then there can't be flow through the carb and then you can't start it.
2000 Honda Dio
Malossi 72cc Bore
Phongeer Long
9 to 1 Gears
Parmakit Variator
1500 RPM contra spring
jeremydde
Goped
Goped

Spark plug wire

Post by jeremydde »

Also check your spark plug wire to see if it is damaged. Mine completely vibrated apart a few months ago and wouldn't start very well. I went to check the plug and the boot came off but the clip inside stayed on the spark plug.
2000 Honda Dio
Malossi 72cc Bore
Phongeer Long
9 to 1 Gears
Parmakit Variator
1500 RPM contra spring
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

was it still making spark
jeremydde
Goped
Goped

Post by jeremydde »

diomike wrote:was it still making spark
It was but it was weak.
2000 Honda Dio
Malossi 72cc Bore
Phongeer Long
9 to 1 Gears
Parmakit Variator
1500 RPM contra spring
55bore
BMX
BMX

Post by 55bore »

tru72 wrote:actually Dac you are incorrect about jogs. LOL as much as i hate to admit it, the jog/minarelli motor set up is way more efficient working than a dio motor "chokes" cough , cough! hahah I have seen this play out many times. I know that a 72cc set up built on both motors ,perfectly tuned, jog wins. Dio motors are more preferred in the states... other places around the world are more jog. I hate the sound of that...
I prefer my dio stuff, but if i could find a good jog in good condition, i would defiantly build that too! Its all your personal preference!
just have fun!
aloha
D
ps listen to veedub, he knows his jogs!
Interesting. This only sounds Sounds like A Jog beat A DIO. AFAIK, the fastest 72cc DIO in Honolulu hasn't lost to a Jog or a DIO (but it has beaten larger cc mopeds).

The Purple People eater is also like a nymphomaniac librarian - silent but violent, and s***, it sips gas too. And it's a DIO.

Clue me in, if I've missed something.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

dont make me pull out the zuma lol
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

the same way that the honda ruckus will never be as cool as the elite line...

the yamaha Zuma will never be as cool as the Jog line...

( its the hole New Vs. Old)( im a big fan of all 4 scooters. but how many parts can be bought really gives away the winner ( jog and dio) )
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

I want that dumb * local boy, they all choke when they meet me :lol:
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

stillspeeding wrote:I want that dumb * local boy, they all choke when they meet me :lol:
what?
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
55bore
BMX
BMX

Post by 55bore »

stillspeeding wrote:I want that dumb * local boy, they all choke when they meet me :lol:
Which dumb * local boy do you want?

Me?

I'm trying to share what I know, which isn't much.

Why would anyone "choke" when they meet you? Are you claiming to be Dave Toba who is in retirement but still the fastest in Hawaii? If you want to set up a race, then PM me to give myself an excuse to change my setup.

And no, I'm not Dave Toba, and my bike isn't tuned for racing right now, but I'll give you a run if you want it from me.

Who are you claiming to be able to beat in what kind of race with what size engine?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

well thank god i got a minarelli on my zuma lol.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

55bore wrote:
Which dumb * local boy do you want?

Me?

I'm trying to share what I know, which isn't much.

Why would anyone "choke" when they meet you? Are you claiming to be Dave Toba who is in retirement but still the fastest in Hawaii? If you want to set up a race, then PM me to give myself an excuse to change my setup.

And no, I'm not Dave Toba, and my bike isn't tuned for racing right now, but I'll give you a run if you want it from me.

Who are you claiming to be able to beat in what kind of race with what size engine?
he got record of 1/8 track only .