Neon lights

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

Neon lights

Post by jayrey0910 »

Give me ideas............ :shock:
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

buy neons
buy fluorescent lamp driver NGK makes some small suitable ones
????
profit
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

Post by jayrey0910 »

how could i put them on..... do i need to wheld some brackets?
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

you want to know something?

F*** Neon.
Go LED. LED's are brighter, they can withstand impact. (meaning if you take your bike over a side walk edge they wont bust. )And putting them on is 100 times easier.

What i did, is went to a dollar store. found these little toy light sabers.(the ones with the tubes always all the way out. not the ones that can get small) They were like 3 feet long, and like $1 each. Took them home and took them apart. the light was made by 22 leds each. Then a long drinking straw around that.

They were stacked on top of each other, the little legs on the leds reached around the bulb under it. Then tacked in place. the leds were about one inch apart. about 2 foot tall.

Well, i had two 14 LED tubes under the floor board. then a 7 LED tube in each side vent. And another 6 LED tube above the front tire.

Everything was zip-tied and duck taped into place. Then i used a 12v switch and wired everything so if one bulb failed they all would turn off. Wired it to the battery.
And it worked like a charm. It really lite up the streets when i rode. Way brighter then any neon. The hole thing cost me under $5 ( way cheaper then any form of neon). Next time i find those toys again im going to buy a few for my 96 elite.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

Post by jayrey0910 »

damnnnnnnnnnnnn nice!
greg_bingham
BMX
BMX

Post by greg_bingham »

dac that's pretty sweet.

what i consider ghetto trashy on a car i find PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE on a scooter- i bought the 5 LED pods to light up the underside of my big riva- i'll post pictures when i get 'em on...

greg
**party till you barf**
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

Brilliant idea Dac. I'm gonna do that to at least one of my scooters.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

*beats head on desk* Why the * didnt I think of that!?!
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
dukemartini
Spree
Spree

Post by dukemartini »

greg_bingham wrote: what i consider ghetto trashy on a car i find PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE on a scooter- i
greg
i couldn't agree more...
87 Honda Elite S-BASKET CASE PROJECT
88 Honda SB50P-sold but not forgotten
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

Try building a bad * engine first :lol:
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
scooter trash
BMX
BMX

Post by scooter trash »

stillspeeding wrote:Try building a bad * engine first :lol:
stop talkin s**t to every one and realy post your stuff that you always say " will blow our minds". maybe you should try helping some one instead of trying to put every one down
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

my friend just got this little 15in led strip from autozone for his computer. It was like $20. Holy crap i got to get my hands on some of this stuff.

For a little 15in bendable strip with a super strong mounting tape backside, this stuff gives off so much light!
his computer has a glass side on it. He put it going accross the inside top of his computer. its lights up his hole case. and when you turn the normal lights off in his room it makes like half the room glow.

This stuff really impressed me. I got to find some of this at a cheaper price and yellow (for my 96).
Ill try to get a picture of his computer and a link to the stuff soon.
scooter trash wrote:
stillspeeding wrote:Try building a bad * engine first :lol:
stop talkin s**t to every one and realy post your stuff that you always say " will blow our minds". maybe you should try helping some one instead of trying to put every one down
yeah, after a while we all just kinda stop listening to him.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.