87 elite S big bore

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

buchholz56
Noob
Noob

87 elite S big bore

Post by buchholz56 »

i am looking at doing either a Proma Big Bore 63cc from VT Cycles or a POLINI BIG BORE CONTESTA KIT #119.0034 from ebay. any opinions as to which is better and why. from what i have read on this site, am i correct that i can use my stock exhaust and carb (drilled out main to 100)? i currently run 40 mph stock and would like to get to 50 mph. i am also looking at a OKO Hi-Speed Pulley Kit from VT, although it looks identical to my current set up, is it just a modified factory part? and lastly, does anyone know of a source for gears for for my year? i assume that i will need to re-gear to reach my goal. thanks for all the help, without this site i would still be riding my schwinn panther.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

no, its a slightly bigger diameter, its lighter, it has a different drive boss, diff ramps, and a diff rear ramp, it adds 3-6 hp.
dukemartini
Spree
Spree

Post by dukemartini »

Unfortunately, there are no aftermarket gears for the 87. It sounds like the mods you are thinking of are about all there is.

When you get the bore kit and all the rest of it keep us posted. I for one am very interested to know how it goes.
87 Honda Elite S-BASKET CASE PROJECT
88 Honda SB50P-sold but not forgotten