Speed Pulley Operation

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

gobucks
Spree
Spree

Speed Pulley Operation

Post by gobucks »

Just wondering, if the belt rides higher up on the pulley doesn't that mean that the belt streches out more, how does that work without being bad for the belt?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

No the rear pulley spreads out more to compensate which also giver higher gearing, a 1/2 inch auto belt will do the same thing as the pully mod without the machine work and re centering.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
gobucks
Spree
Spree

Post by gobucks »

thanks, good info
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

Never use a belt from an atuo store because it has a lower rpm rating and if you get hurt you can't sue them, you can do a Japan dio 3 pin rear pulley conversion= 7mph gain, contact vt cycles for info.
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

stillspeeding wrote:Never use a belt from an atuo store because it has a lower rpm rating and if you get hurt you can't sue them, you can do a Japan dio 3 pin rear pulley conversion= 7mph gain, contact vt cycles for info.
Only with an elite, a spree has semi fixed gearing, thats the only reason the auto belt works. I know where there is a Chevy 327 that will make 10k and doesn't have a problem with cheap belts.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
monkeywrench
Spree
Spree

Post by monkeywrench »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:
stillspeeding wrote:Never use a belt from an atuo store because it has a lower rpm rating and if you get hurt you can't sue them, you can do a Japan dio 3 pin rear pulley conversion= 7mph gain, contact vt cycles for info.
Only with an elite, a spree has semi fixed gearing, thats the only reason the auto belt works. I know where there is a Chevy 327 that will make 10k and doesn't have a problem with cheap belts.
ok called vt about this setup and they said to change crank shafts to make up for belt line up so they wouldnt be angled wrong from the variotar to the clutch sounds interresting though for 7 mph gain
here kitty kitty kitty
http://www.youtube.com/warmonkey80