More Power for elite

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

frankelite
Noob
Noob

More Power for elite

Post by frankelite »

Hi
i was wondering if there was any cheap or free ways to get more power and speed out of my 94 elite sr. pictures would be very much appreeciated.
thanks
frankelite
94 Elite SR - 40mph
lacrosseboy
Goped
Goped

Post by lacrosseboy »

i am kind of new to this stuff but from what i have read you can drill the baffles in your exhaust and i think you can mill your head but if i am wrong someone will tell you there are many people on this site that know much more than i do.
monkeywrench
Spree
Spree

Post by monkeywrench »

the sr dosnt need none of the restrictions becouse sr basically is derestricted allready. so high speed pully is the most speed gaining mod for its money. it may take a little bit to get too that highest speed but for stock it is not all that bad. im used too high way speeds easy. on a fully moded ped so its hard too tell anymore since i own moded and not moded thge only thig i can tell is there is a big difrence(by far).
here kitty kitty kitty
http://www.youtube.com/warmonkey80
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

my friend has an elite Sr.

we just put a high speed pulley and 9:1 gears ($105 after shipping from VTcycles) The stock speed was 35mph. After this it is about 50mph. The take off does slightly drop, but over all the bike performs well.

the top end is 49-52mph for him, pending on wind. And with my fat * its about 45-48mph. This also keeps the bike quiet, so you wont * off everyone that lives by you. Its a good cheap set up.

as for free upgrades, there really isnt allot on an Sr. You can take a long drill bit and stick it in end of the pipe, drill a few baffles, Gives much better take off, but it also makes your bike very loud.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Fredas
Noob
Noob

Post by Fredas »

Dac wrote:we just put a high speed pulley and 9:1 gears ($105 after shipping from VTcycles)
Is there info on how to install these upgrades...and is it difficult. I am basically a Noob when it comes to Mechanical things....Electronics is my stong suit. :)
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

An impact gun helps with the variator sand the rear pully that has to be removed for gear install. Otherwise its uncover, swap parts and put together. I think you might need a press for the gears.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

the high speed pulley is quiet easy, but you will need an impact wrench.
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4513
this just shows how to check the rollers, a high speed pulley kit is basiclly everything you see in the last pictures.

as for the gears, there kinda hard, but i mean, but if you know someone with a press its not that bad.
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4489
its about as hard as it looks.

jakes bike took like an hour or two, not including the time to press the gears.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.