1986 honda spree what mods can i do for more top end??

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

1986 honda spree what mods can i do for more top end??

Post by needfasterthan31 »

i have a 1986 honda spree bone stock,it does 31 mph.what easy mods can i do to get more top speed.i remember my buddy had a white 1984 that would do 40mph.id be happy with anything over 35mph to halfway keep up with traffic,any suggestions would be appreciated.
01 Elite SR50
>Polini Contesta 72cc Kit (To be soon installed)
>R1 Pipe (To be soon installed)
>Keli Variator
>9:1 gears
keithw
Elite
Elite

Post by keithw »

Have a little patience and watch my spree test bed for mods postings. I'm going to take a stock 85 and try various mods and document what works and what doesn't. Also, read up in the tech and advanced tech sections.

Basically the answer is two fold. First derestrict the engine and let it turn the 11,000 rpm it wants to and raise the final drive ratio a bit.

keithw
Honda Pal (Speed-o-scooter) JDM Spree with varator trans.
Honda Spree, 1985.
Another Honda Pal

Let's give it a try, how hard could it be?
needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

honda spree need more top end (

keithw.what section on the forums will you be posting this info,i would like to look it up to see what you come up with.
01 Elite SR50
>Keli Variator
keithw
Elite
Elite

Post by keithw »

I'll be posting here in the performance technical section. Still waiting on the stock muffler.

keithw
Honda Spree, 1985.
Another Honda Pal

needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

cool.ill keep a watch out for it,i dont plan on doing anything soon and maybe it will even be a winter project or spring project but would like to get a feel for what i need and start buying parts soon or have some machining done(nothing major).all the sprees i had when i was younger we would take out the governor screw,drill some holes in the side of the muffler.i got my 1986 stock spree going all the way up to 42 for about a 1/4mile then the piston fried,i was on a flat surface for almost 1 mile to get it up to 42.it just kept on going faster till it blew.my buddy had a white 1984 spree and that thing had real quick takeoff and would hit exactly 40 miles per hour on flat road.it vibrated worse and was also a little louder than the 85,86,and87 but was the best year in my opinion.
01 Elite SR50
>Keli Variator
SprEE*MP*
Spree
Spree

Post by SprEE*MP* »

Where is the governor skrew located?.....(I have an '84 Spree...)
keithw
Elite
Elite

Post by keithw »

There is no governor.

keithw
Honda Spree, 1985.
Another Honda Pal

EvilCrayon
BMX
BMX

Post by EvilCrayon »

Don't think their is. It's limited by the gear/pulley.
DELETED

warhammer cdkey

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: warhammer cdkey

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

sherlock12 wrote:[font=Tahoma]Warhammer gold[/font][font=Tahoma], as the currency in the Warhammer world, plays an important role in the economic system. The experience plays take in game kinda depends on how much Warhammer gold they have. To amateur players, they do not have much time to play the game, not even farming Warhammer online gold. So most of Warhammer players would like to purchase Warhammer gold.[/font][font=Tahoma]Warhammer online CDkey are the codes which be used to active your Warhammer Accounts. Warhammer online accounts then will be needed after your Warhammer Accounts have been activated. That means you have to use both Warhammer CD-key and Warhammer Timecard after you creat an Warhammer account, so that you can access to the Warhammer world.
Buy Warhammer CD-key and Warhammer Timecard from us, experience our Instant delivery and Secure transaction.
For further information about the Warhammer CD-key and Warhammer Timecard, Please keep an eye on Warhammer online Powerleveling
[/font]
BAN BAN BAN!!!!!!!
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

EvilCrayon wrote:Don't think their is. It's limited by the gear/pulley.
Max rpm on any engine is controlled several factors. It's ability to pump air being the primary one. The amount of air it can pump is controlled by the CCs, the intake and exhaust port sizes (or valves and intake sizes on a 4 stroke), carb size and the exhaust. If you improve the ability to get the air in and out of the engine then max rpm increases and so does horsepower, hence the top speed increases when you have a fixed gear ratio as a Spree does.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Bear45-70 wrote:
Max rpm on any engine is controlled several factors. It's ability to pump air being the primary one. The amount of air it can pump is controlled by the CCs, the intake and exhaust port sizes (or valves and intake sizes on a 4 stroke), carb size and the exhaust. If you improve the ability to get the air in and out of the engine then max rpm increases and so does horsepower, hence the top speed increases when you have a fixed gear ratio as a Spree does.
More rpm doesnt always mean more HP although it does mean more speed usually, but its much better to gear to stay in the power band instead of relying on empty RPMs. This is especially true in industrial motors designed to be urn at 3600 rpm, when the governor lets loose the output drops sharply in most cases because the cam wasnt designed to make power past 4000 rpms.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:
More rpm doesnt always mean more HP although it does mean more speed usually, but its much better to gear to stay in the power band instead of relying on empty RPMs. This is especially true in industrial motors designed to be urn at 3600 rpm, when the governor lets loose the output drops sharply in most cases because the cam wasnt designed to make power past 4000 rpms.
With a fixed gear ratio, the only way you will get more rpm which translates into more speed is to make more horsepower. There is even a formula for it, but don't ask me to show the formula. Back when I was still racing boats I had it shown to me by a design engineer from Mercury Marine's racing division. Ron Anderson has forgot more about 2 stoke go fast than most of use will ever know.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree