The big decision

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Salvatore
Noob
Noob

The big decision

Post by Salvatore »

Hey Guys,
Like many people on this forum i am looking to upgrade my carbonfilled rusted stock exhaust for somthing with a little more performance. I checked previous posts and many like the PG longpipe. i would get it too but i read the description on VTcycles and it is for 70cc+ while i have a stock '85 aero 50. I looked at proma and polini but cant find anyone selling them. Is my only choice Leo Vince or is there somthing else out there. I just want a good pipe even if its designed for an elite and requires modding. I was even thinking of getting a zuma pipe

thanks for all advice you guys are the reason why i bought the aero :D
1981 Honda C70
1985 Honda Aero50
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

well, assuming your bike is still 49cc a good pipe for you to get would be a R1. An R1 looks stock but gives much better performance. It is made for elites. But i would think you could mod it to fit fairly easy.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

also, VTcycles site is not always up to date. So its smart to call them and talk to them.
dont fret it man, there not some big business. there just some layed back guys who sell motor parts.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

You have a 85 aero its a SE50 motor with a better intake manifold, you can hardly get parts. And the (more than likely) last aftermarket pipe in circulation sold a few months ago.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Salvatore
Noob
Noob

Post by Salvatore »

Thanks for the advice, ill give vtcycles a call. Also where do you think i can get an R1-vtcycles?.

-Sal
1981 Honda C70
1985 Honda Aero50
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

You cant get a pipe for a pre 94 anymore.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:You cant get a pipe for a pre 94 anymore.
did you even read the first post?

Yeah, VTcycles should have the R1 pipe, if not they should have something that would be a good 49cc pipe. Like kenny said, the pre 94 pipes are basically gone. Any pipe VTcycles might have you will have to cut and weld to fit.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Missed the modding bit, my bad.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

The leo vinci sp-3 pipe is perfect fot the aero, get a taller rear shock to clear the panel.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!