Clutch Shoe Clips???

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

diopwrd
Noob
Noob

Clutch Shoe Clips???

Post by diopwrd »

Can anyone help me with this..

i have a 66cc bore w/ pipe,gears(7.?? to 1),ramp,pulley,1500center spring,2000clutch springs. dio bike

Problem:

The other day i was tunning my trans with the roller weights..i wanted more bottom end to my bike because i lost alot from putting in the gears.. so i just put in the center/clutch springs to help it..but it didnt do really anything...bottom end is still lagging..im running 48g in all(8g).
so i decide to up the weights to 54g,57g,..... and then at 60g i rev the bike to start going and all of a sudden i hear a big BAW!

i opened the kicker cover and saw 2 of the 3 clips and washers that hold the shoes weights off.....

Can anyone explain to me what had happened????
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

Clutch was probably assembled improperly, I don't see how the clips that holds the 3 pieces could come off if installed correctly.

BTW if you want more bottom end, you'd normally go with lighter weights but then again you have to notice the engine rpm as well, if the rpms are climbing quickly and you're not moving, it's time to move to heavier weights.
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

you can combo the weights unless you own a stroka! aloha...
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!